oil pan troubles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 02:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

oil pan troubles

heres the deal on an of the line peadle to the floor board launch. I lose all oil pressure witch in turne shuts the motor doun for just a sec and then takes off again. this is caused from the oil being pushed to the back of the pan. heres the ? what type of windag tray should i get. i am gusseing the trap door. but not for sure. just dont want to buy what i dont need part numbers and dealers would be nice thanks. or cheape how tos would owrk also

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 07:35 AM
RolngThun

Re: oil pan troubles

If I understand your post correctly, you are having troubles with the oil running to the rear and up the pan under acceleration.
First of all it takes big time power and hook up to cause this trouble, and I do mean big time power.
So I would first make sure something else is not wrong,oil pump pick up came off or not correctly adjusted to the bottom of the pan. I had a car where the pick up came off, it would loose pressure when I braked hard. 69 Camaro when I was a kid, I bought a big Moroso pan and all and discovered the real problem when I changed the pan.
Otherwise, the swinging trap door is for deacceleration, what you would need is the baffle that bolts between the oil pump and the main cap. This blocks oil from riding up the back. It is very inexpensive. You should be able to find it in Jegs, Herbert, or Summit easy enough.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 11:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: oil pan troubles

Are you sure it is due to oil climbing the rear of the pan? I used to drag race, and Holley carbs have a tendancy to slosh fuel out the vent on a hard launch. It causes the motor to stumble for a second then take off like a rocket. It is a simple fix, just add a pice of rubber hose to the vent stacks and tie it to the air cleaner stem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode