TBI ON OLD Chevy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 01:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

TBI ON OLD Chevy

i have been looking at hollys pro jection II system 1300.00 and also the tuned port injection from them a would guese they are more money. I have a 454 BBC with 10.1 ,gear drive, roller rockers and LS7 rods the heads are 781 ovel ports with the large vales i think they are lik 2.66 cant rember what ever the big stock ones are (cam is a roller 4x4)have not bought it yet might end up just hyd. any way what would be the better choice between the two. also is there any way to put a stock tbi or throttle body on the BBC. I really dont want to spend a bunch of money if i dont have to. I have seen throttle bodys for SBC with everything for 200.00 in the trader. could i get an intake and make these work. i have run these with 750 holly carb and the stock throttle body is rated at 800 i think i could be wronge any way. I am just tired of getting stuck on hills and running poorly on rough gound. also would help out on MPG. Of course it dont help that i suxk on building carbs.lol thanks for your time.

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 02:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TBI ON OLD Chevy

someone had one for sale in the for sale section i read this morning for i think 350 with a new manifold

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 02:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

give this company a try http://www.howell-efi.com
dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 06:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

man looked though them all and did not find it. what was it under

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 08:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well, I have another idea that could help. Holley makes a TBI to Quadrajet/Holley 4 barrel adapter plate, Holley part # 17-41. There are options for intake manifolds for the oval port heads, I'd use an Edlebrock Performer intake manifold for a truck application. Now the next idea I have would be to get a Chevy 350 TBI system. Then have http://www.turbocity.com modify the 350 TBI with a larger throttle blades to increase air flow. Then get the Chevy 350 TBI computer PROM chip recalibrated for the 454. It's still not cheap, but affordable.
dave

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 04:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CHeck this out. It is an Edelbrock BBC intake for TBI. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=464966977

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 06:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like your Idea so far. Ill be cheacking on it. do u know how much a stock tbi flows?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 07:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The information I have about the CFM of GM 350 TBI of the late 80's early 90's is only 505 CFM. The information I have about installing larger throttle blades would improve the 350 TBI to about 565 CFM.
dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode