Stiffer shocks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stiffer shocks

I don't have a Chevy Astro, but my vehicle can use the Gabriel LT Gas Ryders from the 85-92 Chevy Astro 2WD.
The vehicle is a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (consequently, all 79-00 Ford Crown Vics can use the same shocks).

Does anyone know if I can use the shocks from another Chevy truck on the Astro 2WD? Or will the 4WD/AWD shocks work as well? Like, will the front shocks from a 3/4 Ton Suburban work? or from a K-3500 ?

I need something that is stiffer - I have a 47 lb. Police Push guard on the interceptor and need it for driving in rough terrain. The softy shocks just won't do.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2000, 08:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Stiffer shocks

hey go to parts store and ask to see there shock book. see witch ones have the same exted higth and the same compresion and them the mounting eyes. if you have the style that have eyes at both ends youll be lucky and find lots that match. you can also up grade your coil springs to heavier one or varibale ones. they are about 100.00 a set. i have 93 caprice ploice ed. and use 3/4 chevy van on rear and foget the front ones. the big yellow monroes or my favorite. good luck. just courious wats yours do in the 1/4 mines between 100 and 115. depending on temp and measuremet.lol

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2000, 02:05 PM
Old Hand

Sorry to get off subject, but your caprice has 100-115 trap speed at the end of the 1/4 mi? What e.t.'s does it run? Are the regular cop cars that fast, that's in the tans-am/ vette range.
John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 12:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats a hillbilly 1/4 mile i went from 0 to 4 on the tenths of the od and truned around and ran. I have did a little work on it heaver schocks brakes and new tires. motor just dis., air temp gauge moved foward and a stock police chip they took the old one out and but a normal one in before they sold it to me. also KN filter and rebuilt trans with all the goodies. its fast but not smoking fast. been beat by them dame 5.0 alote. the other day i took a 454 SS for 3 car leanths. sure suprised him. he keept it floored for anther block. lol hehe. gose to show just cause you dont rumble dont mean you ant got the motor. i plan on roller rockers, 383 crank and some 10.1, and tuneport instead of tbi. later when this gets more miles. the new fords are pretty fast they can take mine of the line but i can run faster and longer. helps to have friends in the right places. i have had mine to 133 and let out was on a black top and caught some air and about shzt my pants. the cop that had it before me said it woud do 160 but i dont think so my be 145 maybe. i was at 4000 in od at 130 and still was gaining but 160 is alote. red lines at 5500 have hade it to 7000 in sec a couple times on some hot 5.0. well got to go hope this helps cheack your local paper for ploice actions. i only gave 2500 for a 93 with 68000 miles and just a few things wronge. good luck

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode