I got me a truck!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got me a truck!!

well guys if you look in my profile it says i am looking for a truck. Well, i found one!
1973 Chevrolet Scottsdale 4x4 Shortbed, 350 4 bolt main, NP203 w/ part time kit, 14 bolt 10 inch rear, Dana 44 front, 33's, black primer, gutted insides! runs good, and it looks good to me! tomorrow I am going to throw mt parts from my other truck(s) onto it. Dana 60's f&r, and probably some odd-ball small 8 lug rims and street tires until I get some more. A seat, the one in it now is tore up... maybe if the day goes good, i will throw in my SM465 w/NP205.... it has a straigt drive now but the owner does not know what it is and yes, the bottom is covered in South Carolina mud... So i will find out tomorrow. oh yeah i paid 1200.00 for it like it sits.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 06:48 PM
kona_joe

Re: I got me a truck!!

Congrats!

KJ

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 06:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like a good buy to me! The main thing is that you are happy!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1/2t SWB in the making!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 09:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks. yes i am very happy. All my friends have been taunting me telling me to put my truck in the mud when i don't have one. Well Sunday we are all going to see how well those 33 inch Thornbirds (yuck) do in mud (i say poorly). That is another thing, It has 75% Thornbirds on it. The guy says it is was sons, and that they took him off the insurance or whatever, and some fee or bill or amount of money is needed and it is 1200.00 so I guess he needed the money now because the truck is worth a little more. No rust anywhere, no bondo that i can find with my magnet, i have been trying to also. I checked everywhere except the cab floor because the Rhino Lining stuff is too thick. I could go from the bottom but too much mud. I have been driving it everywhere. so that is a good thing. thanks again. i will keep you posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode