wont start -sometimes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 02:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

wont start -sometimes

85 k5 with 79 350.this has happened twice in to days.i go to start the truck and it will turn over fine but wont start.if i hold the gas all the way down it might chug im mean barley runnin(shakes real bad when it does do this)i hold it down for about 5 minintes while smokin everyone out around me.then just maybe it will start and run ok.after it does start it runs fine.normally i barley touch the key and it fires right up.oh by the way when my foots to the floor and i let up on the pedal it dies right away.and the motor is all stock.thanks again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 06:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: wont start -sometimes

Sound like your choke is sticking or your cooil is acting up to me.Next time it does it, take the top off the breather and see if the choke is closed.It should be if the motor is cool,but you can wire it open and see if it starts.A sticking float could be flooding the dog out of it too.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 11:15 AM

Had the same exact problem with the '88 wagoneer for a long time. I finally wired the choke open like LEDAER suggested. The coil on the Wagoneer also caused some PITA problems. Left my mother stuck beside the road twice in one week. When I fixed those problems it ran ok. I dont think this is a coincidence, the carb and the ignition system on the grand wagoneers were motorcraft(F*%d) and those are the only parts that have ever given us any major trouble.

<font color=blue>86DIESEL[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
'86 K10, 6.2 diesel, Jet T700, Flowmasters, BFG M/Ts</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 01:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

somebody kick me in the head.that totally ecscape my mind.BINGO i checked it out and thats exactly what it was.i cant belive i didnt think of that.(HEEL)DUH.THANKS AGAIN FOR REMINDING ME HOW OBVIOUS THINGS REALLY ARE.haha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode