Best 6in. Susp. for 73-87 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 09:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best 6in. Susp. for 73-87

I wanna get a 6in. susp. lift for my 84 K20 Im planning on getting 38x13x16 tires also. I was wondering what is the best company for springs all the way around and the cheapest money. Also what about ride quality. Also my dad doesnt really want me to lift it because he thinks it will make it sway too much, because right now it drives straight goin 85 on the interstate when you let go of the wheel. I know I have to get brakeline extensions and a sterring arm or pitman arm but do i have to legthen my driveshafts?? I was told if it is a longbed you dont have to lengthen them, is this true??

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<font color=blue>"Your driveway doesn't count as Off-Road"</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 04:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Best 6in. Susp. for 73-87

well I bought the ruff country 6in kit with all four leaf springs,shocks,and steering arm for my 87 and i paid 650.00 for the whole kit plus shipping charges...So far I like the kit although the Heckthorn shocks that were included are not the best they dont do bad and the truck rides quite nice....as far as the shafts I didnt lengthen the front or rear one the rear springs actually moved my rearend forward about 3 inches and the front one fit but I am a little weary about hard wheeling with it...but overall it apears to be a great kit for the money and it isnt hard to install as long as you have some mechanical knowledge the hardest part for me was getting the old steering arm off I ended up fliping the whole front end over and beating it off with a 20lb sledge hammer hopping to god I didnt break the studs...but anyway I like the kit I chose but its really up to you..keep us posted=)

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 05:06 PM

Superlift
BDS
Skyjacker
All seem to be very comparable, and the best out there!

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 06:15 PM

I agree w/ Scooby, but have personal experience with Superlift. No problems here. I have no swaybars whatsoever and have no problems with swaying. 38s will rub if you don't trim the body on a 6" lift. Trust me, I know. You will almost definately have to lengthen the front shaft, but will probably get away with the rear.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much money are we talkin about legthening the front shaft???

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<font color=blue>"Your driveway doesn't count as Off-Road"</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Also i was lookin at TuffCountrys web site and they had sway bar drops. Do I need to drop the swaybar??? Is it gonna sway much if I take it out???

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 02:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well when I did mine I did have to make new brackets to hold the swaybar to the frame I could have just bought drop down brackets but I was low on funds and making them was not hard to do...I wouldnt eliminate the swaybar I would just go and buy new drop down brackets or fabricate your own just my 2 cents....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode