10 Bolt Axles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 11:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

10 Bolt Axles

Does anyone make a C clip eliminator kit for the later 30 spline 10 bolt rears?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 05:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 10 Bolt Axles

No offence, but if you need to eliminate your c-clips, you need a stronger rear end. Its not going to last very long if your sending that much power to it. You should be able to find 12 bolts or even 14 bolts for pretty cheap, and they'll bolt right in. It'd maybe be worth spending the $$$ for a c-clip eliminator on one of those. Eliminating c-clips is not cheap. Whether or not they make a kit for it I don't know, but it can be custom done in any case, just more $$$. Talk to a rear end shop.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 05:36 PM

Sure, just get a Warn full floater kit. That'll eliminate those nasty C-clips.
http://OffRoadDesign.com had them listed on their page.

John
95.5 YJ with "stuff"
94 GMC Z71 without "stuff"
http://SonsofThunder4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 06:45 PM

RatherBeJeeping is right. The only thing you can do to eliminate the c-clips on an off-road vehicle is to use the Warn FF kit. Standard c-clip eliminators, like Moser's, are for drag-race use only, they are not designed to withstand sideloading.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 08:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Warn kit is only available for 87 and prior 10 and 12 bolt axles.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]94 Yukon 350TBI 4L60E 6"ProComp 33-14.5-15 Swamper SSRs 15x10 Mickey Thompson Challengers Jacobs Ignition K&N Filtercharger 4.56:1 Ring and Pinion Superlift VSSB[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 08:46 PM

Does that apply to the 88 and later trucks and Blazers? I think the newer trucks have a different width axle, it may work in a 91 Jimmy, unless there was some internal change that I'm not aware of.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 09:11 PM

Around 88 they changed from 28 spline to 30 spline axles, so the kit may not work for 88-91s. After 88 though, the 10 bolt was a mixture of 28 an 30 splines and the only way to tell if you have them is to tear the axle down and count them.

90K5
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 09:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got that info off of their(Warn) site - http://www.warn.com/Home/Products/Hu...s/FulFloat.htm. I checked into this sometime ago. Don't remember what the specifics are[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. Maybe somebody else can chime in here.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 11:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Warn full-floating kits are available for the '88-'91 K-5's with 30 spline axles, but the f.f. kits are around $800. I would call ORD for more details.
I talked to several axle shops in the past about the c-clip eliminators used in race cars, and none of them recommended their use in off-road vehicles because of the side loading.
If you are just worried about the axle breaking and the tire coming off because of this, just spend about $300 and get some good strong aftermarkets shafts from a place like Moser. It seems like a lot of people think that the actual c-clip fails in one of these axles, but I've never actually seen this happen. The failures I have seen have always been the shaft itself breaking.

6.2Blazer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode