Here is what I am gonna do - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 12:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is what I am gonna do

<font color=blue>I thought about it, like I said, I haven't gotten my truck yet, but I have all the parts from my previous Chevy 4x4 project (my brother totaled it, hydroplaned on highway). The truck was totaled, but I pulled as many of my parts off of it that I could. It was a 1976 Scottsdale. 305. Auto. NP203. 12 Bolt rear and Dana 44 front. Bone stock on 31's. I have a Dana 60 front and rear I had planned for it, I am building a 454, I am gonna have the SM465 re-built, and get Foothills 4 wheel drive to check out my NP205. I decided to go with Off Road Designs Shackle Reversal in the rear, with stock leafs, for 4 inches, and 3 inch leafs with a 2 inch shackle up front for 4 inches. This should give me room for 36 inch Boggers. I don't need to worry about gears though, I went to Driveline Specialties and we took both Dana 60's apart (me and my friend) and had them cleaned, i sent them off and got new bearings, seals, and 4.88's put in them. Then they were powdercoated black. Since I got around 9K for the wreck, minus all the purchases I have made/making, I am down to about 6500.00
I found a 77 for 2500 on 33's but I am torn between it and 87 Silverado that is super nice for 4000.00 The only setbacks with the 87 is that sinking her in a mud hole would hurt me...
But I will probably go get the 87 this Wednesday simply because I am truckless and bored. I also heard you gys talking about BDS springs? Are these leaf springs for the front AND rear of your truck? Where can I find out more info about them? I went to www.ColoradoK5.com and that is where I read into the shackle reversal a little bit more. Great idea. Do you think they could be welded on for more strength? Well, sorry for the life story but I need a strong opinion before I go spend my money on something I shouldn't need/use/or want. see ya</font color=blue>
<font color=red>--Bowtie</font color=red>

<center>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 01:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Here is what I am gonna do

I'm not familiar with BDS springs......but I like SkyJacker....I not only sell them but I used SkyJacker on my truck...one reason I like them is cause their one of the few companies that make a kit especially for the 73-91 1-Ton Chevy's....with a 4" SkyJacker lift you can clear 35's with no trimming.....with a 6" you can clear 37's with no trimming......Thanks and keep her flying...........><

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2000, 06:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think you would need some fender trimming for 36" boggers with 4" lift. my friend has 35" boggers on his blazer with 4" lift and it rubs with modrate off roading.

<font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ThumperZR3, will 38's fit with a 8" lift?? (Skyjacker)

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1/2t SWB in the making!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 12:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey just the man i have a 4in sky jacker lift on my 85 gmc. i bought the kit with blocks. hears the prob. imy rear sages bad. i have instaled more springs and it rids very rough. thinking about shacles for rear to even it out however woud go with new rear spings kit was 3/4 heavy duty. ( at that time skyjacker was very new co.) what would u do. its my work truck and toy also pull a 20 ft trailer every day. D44 front Eaton 60 rear (soon to be 14bolt) SB and 203. ( soon to be 454 as soon as i get it done) with 35 thanks for your time and inclued PH# so i can order from ya. E-Mail is [email protected] but truck parts on message or i might dealet it. to much junk mail. lol

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 01:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, 38's will fit with an 8 inch lift.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode