ATI Procharger - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

ATI Procharger

OK, I was origionally thinking of a Holley 144 powercharger on top of my 350 in my 1995 Chevrolet pickup but now I am thinking of the Edelbrock MEFI system with a ATI Procharger. The P600B system for the 5.7L engines. I have heard vary good things about them especially the fact that you can run higher psi since it has the intercooler with it. And it's 50 state legal. Any comments are welcome.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ATI Procharger

all depends on what you want to do... the 144 wont fit with out alot of work, but it is a positive displacement type.. ie: produces good botom end.. a better choice would be a eaton or" whipple" supercharger.. the ati is a good product also.. but it doesnt realy build much off the bottom , its more suited for street or high rpm use.. i have installed several of them and all of the kits i have recived have ben missing pieces, and had poor instructions etc... alo, to be able to run more than about 6 psi you will need extensive modifications to fuel systen etc..

over all the best bang for the buck is the eaton superchargers.. they produce exelent boost off idle, are extreamly efficiant, and low maitanace.

WARNING: DRIVER HAS ATLEAST $50 WORTH OF AMUNITION!

-83 'yoda (soon to have a 4.3v6) 5.29, dual arb's, dual stock tcase, wagoneer springs, 35" sx's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

So, how much is the Eaton for this application (1995 Chevrolet pickup w/350). It has to be 50 state legal with the Edelbrock performer package.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Hey, wait a minute, you said 144 would be hard to intall. This model: http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...-144_CSBE.html
is made for my truck and average install time is like 6 hours.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 02:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Willy-

The Edelbrock system is great. Problem you're going to run into is finding a company that can burn a chip to support the fuel injection with a blower. ATI is the best centrifugal system next to a Vortech (not to be confused with VORTEC engines). With the 50 state legal deal, I run the smog legal parts on my 94, and I still had to detune. When I went in for smog, they only asked for the CARB EO # for my headers. Everything else, they had no clue about. If you can get your hands on a four gas analyzer, you're be in the $$$. You can run a pretty hot motor and still pass smog. All depends on the chip, and the tuning of the motor. I live in San Diego, my truck just went through smog in March. The only stuff that is stock is the block, rods, pistons. Everything else has been changed. They check it at about 1500 rpm, so the better it runs at low RPMS, they better off you are. I would scrap the blower idea with the port fuel injection. It's going to be a pain to make it all work right. I would call turbo city for a TBI, and add a Whipple Supercharger, or a ATI or Vortech. If you want to run port injection, either find someone to burn the chip, and dump the blower. Just my .02

Rhino

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 01:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok..... it wont be as hard as i thought.. this is a new part#... before you used to have to adapt one desighned for the old style sbc... and since they suply the chip then it shuld be a no brainer... you just have to wait to get the chip to do the install... and yes, since your 95 shuld be a obd2 truck the tech's at the smog station will want proof of all the carb exemption #'s...

the eaton is still a better package tho.. it is quite a bit more efficent than the roots type blowers..

WARNING: DRIVER HAS ATLEAST $50 WORTH OF AMUNITION!

-83 'yoda (soon to have a 4.3v6) 5.29, dual arb's, dual stock tcase, wagoneer springs, 35" sx's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode