Just installed a Fastchip - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 11:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just installed a Fastchip

Well, the Fastchip I had sitting aroung for two months finally got installed in my truck yesterday. I had to change to a 160 degree thermostat and have to use premium fuel, but the improvements are very noticable.

I took it out for a drive after letting it idle for 15 mins to let the computer take a look at the chip and kind of babied it until I had a place to light it up. Felt the same in normal driving except it pulled in fourth gear where the truck would have leveled out before. When I jumped on it though, it let a scream out of the rear wheels and took off, barely chirped second and pulled like a beast. Had to shut it down for a stop sign right after the shift to third. Haven't had a chance to wind up third, but I bet it'll keep on screaming.

Downfall: My transmission shifts a lot lighter than it did before the chip. I used to be able to bark the hell out of second and almost get third. If I manually shift from first to second (I have a B&M Megashifter) it still squeals the hell out of second, but it barely does it on its own. I know this will save my drivetrain, but I liked the chiropractor feeling on in town shifts.

Anyhow, I can truley recommend this chip. Go to www.fastchips.com. They only work on GM chips and do any sort of special programmin you can think of. Ed Wright is the owner and programmer.

Nich Kenny
'89 K1500 350/700r4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 03:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Just installed a Fastchip

http://www.fastchips.com
[b]I can't make up my mind if I want to add the chip. Thanx for the info. Let us know what it does to the temp, especially in stop/go traffic and on the trail.. Just curious. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

http://dblazer.coloradok5.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode