Hey Shawn, and everyone. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 11:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Shawn, and everyone.

Heym there, Nice place you have here!!! Listen, I am considerinf the shackle flip and the Revolver shacles like you have, My consern is the lift the lift that the shacke flip adds, is going to stick my ass up in the air. I am Happy with the amount of lift I already have. As it stands, I have 4" springs and a 1.25" block in the rear. If I lose the block and pull a leaf or to, I am hoping that it will even out the lift it will add. How do you like the revolvers, Do they daily drive OK??? I guess I am afraid, because I have tried to bild a trail rig that isnt to gimicky,for lack of a better word. I want total reliability. That has been the plan from the start. I have put a whole lot of time towards that goal. I see to many TRICK rigs out on the trail end up breaking that goofy leaf or other cool tricks. Oh well, just curious on what ya thought. Oh yah, I am still writng that story, I am almost done, I wrote a short one at first but then I got your mewssage so this one is a "little" longer. I will send it to you soon. I have just been getting ready for my wedding and havent had as much time to write as I would like. Like now!!!!Anyway seey and HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

http://dblazer.coloradok5.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 12:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hey Shawn, and everyone.

The shackle flip is a must. If you want more flex (which comes from flatter springs) and eliminate axle wrap (caused by blocks) get the shackle flip. I like ORD's since they move the shackle location foward to compensate. You won't go wrong on that. As for the Revolvers there's many mixed opinions. Mine have been holding up fine and provide even more flex in the back. I have noticed more sway going around corners but I also removed my sway bar, went with softer springs front and rear so the Revolvers might not be at fault. I was considering locking them down with a thick piece of plate for street use if this was the cause of the sway. I have noticed some axle wrap using the Revolvers. I would suggest to just do the shackle flip first and see what you think. If you want more flex then go with the Revolvers. Something else you might think of is longer leafs in the rear. Talk to Steve Watson of ORD about this and he can give you the scoop. You will have to relocate both front and rear hangers but it would give some great flex and good street manors. Stay with the super thin leaf packs.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode