Exhaust and plug wires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Exhaust and plug wires

I have a problem with my headers and plug wires, the problem is the number two plug (left side counting from the front) is in contact with the exhaust pipe. therby melting
the cap and causing ignition problems.
Any advice???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 07:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Exhaust and plug wires

get those wire sleeves they sell at summit. I have the same prob, the sleeves are spendy but they pay for themselves if you dont have to buy new wires all of the time!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 11:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Reason #1032 I dont run headers!!!!!

http://dblazer.coloradok5.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 11:06 AM
RolngThun

There are shorter plugs made just for this problem. I believe Champion is one maker of such plugs. These plugs along with 90 deg boots should correct your problem.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've run headers on dang near everything I've ever owned...I loom them up and use 90 degree boots...on a few occasions I've had to resort to tying them to something to hold them outta the way, but have never really had a problem with plug wires...Zip ties were invented for this purpose I think...and with the hood down, it looks factory...JD

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 05:36 PM

You need a good wire loom. I use one by Moroso that works real well, I've yet to burn a wire on my headers. They're called a show car loom or some such thing. This one's similar to what I use, but a little nicer...

I know, the picture is of them on a big block but you get the idea, you can train the wires to go exactly where you want them to. Here's the page that the picture came from - http://www.made4uproducts.com/Wire Loom Kits.htm, and you can get them for around $28 from http://www.summitracing.com

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode