TNN selling out ad space to enviro wackos... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

TNN selling out ad space to enviro wackos...

Did any of the rest of you notice all that enviro-propaganda-BS advertisements they had on there by the car shows (during the crank&chrome, trucks, time frame)??? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] They're trying to convince our own group to go against us [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 04:06 PM

Re: TNN selling out ad space to enviro wackos...

Hmmmm, sounds like a waste of money to me..

90K5
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On "Secrets of the Hunt" (I think that is the last show before "Crank & Chrome," the host precluded the commercials be defending the hunters/outdoorsmen by doing a comparison of actual money spent in acutally making conservation action as compared to the groups that are constantly advertising, spending up to 50% of their income on paperwork and propaganda. It seems like TNN is trying to take the greenies' money, yet still run all of the programs to satisfy the hunters, fishers, and wrench-heads. It sents a twisted message, but the environmental groups are spending the money. Like previously posted, it seems that the extreme environmetnalists are targeting the wrong demographic.

Nich Kenny
'89 K1500 350/700r4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Cool, I missed "Secrets of the Hunt" or whatever that one was... Hopefully the people watching TNN don't believe that enviro crap... That'd be cool if they just flat wasted their money on ads to a group that doesn't believe the ads anyhow... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Sounds like it'd be a great part of that show for them to debunk the myths about those enviro groups... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 11:13 AM
RolngThun

First TNN forgot about muddraggers and truckpullers, decided to go exclusively with monsters. Now they lost the coverage to NASCAR races. They have this thing for roller jam and now wrestling. It has seemed to me that things have been changing there for awhile and motorsports are getting shuffled to the back burner. Hello Speedvision.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode