Abusing the board - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 05:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Abusing the board

Sorry, but I had to delete Musketeer's post on the KBPI trespassing issue. It just got out of hand. It's even worse on some of the other forums and it all came from the same guys. There will be no rude or racial remarks here in the GM sections period. Two users were just banned (don't worry, they weren't GM owners). We're all here to gain knowledge, answer questions, and have a good time. I asked Musketeer to repost the thread. I'd appreciate a private message if anyone happens to find inappropriate posts. I try to check every post but sometimes I can't due to time. Thanks guys (and gals).

Shawn
87 K5
few mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 05:49 PM
Veteran

Re: Abusing the board

Right on![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Andreas

If a Blazer runs smooth, it isnīt really a Blazer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 07:39 PM

I figured it was just a matter of time... I was gone for few days and when I came back -- all this hostility[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. Totally bummed me out[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]... Thanks, Shawn[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now, can't we all just get along?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Cheryle

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]weehaa!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 07:52 PM

Thanks Shawn! I definitely agree with the actions taken... Don't need that disruptive crap on the BBS... Keep up the good work [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 08:14 PM

Wow man, like, there's so much hostility here. Can't we all just get along? Apparantly not with a-holes like the two guys that were causing problems.

I saw that thread this morning and decided not to even make a post on it, I have a tendency to drag myself into those arguments.

Good job of keeping it light Shorts. Good thing you aren't sensitive about not being big in the pants[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img], that guy took a low blow there[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. Jeez, I stay out of this board for a week and look what happens! Hell in a handbasket I tell you. Looks like Shawn got a pretty green name out of the deal though.

Shawn, I assume that you don't mean that we need to walk on eggshells, just so long as we aren't blatantly abusive to other users, correct? We should be able to call a spade a spade. Not that I'm into the arguments, but I know that I've pissed some users off over the last year. Usually I thought it was with good reason though. I totally agree with the banning of those two instigitors, so I give you props on that (as well as everything else you've done on ORC and for me personally). Talk to you later.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

good going shawn. i don't know why people have to act like that on here.

<font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You are correct Shaggy. No need to walk on egg shells here. It has to be pretty bad to be banned. If you saw the posts on the other forums, you would totally agree. Sometimes we all get in disagreements with eachother and thats normal. If a user calls someone a foul name for no reason (several times) or has any racial remarks, that's just asking to be banned. We're all adults here.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 03:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thank God your back!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im not an adult so does that mean im exempt??? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just kiddin shawn I think you did the right thing. We dont need that crap.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<font color=blue>"Your driveway doesn't count as Off-Road"</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 12:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know you're joking badbowtie but actually it would be cool to see even younger kids here. There's a RC section and I sure wish I had something like this to come to when I was building RC's back when I was 13! My 10 year old is just starting to get in to the RC world so it would be nice to have him come here without having to worry.

I appreciate the comments from everyone else! We got a cool group here!

Shawn
87 K5
few mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode