Pro Comp Lift Kits..? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pro Comp Lift Kits..?

Does anybody have a Pro Comp lift kit? Do you like it? Is it worth gettin?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 01:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Pro Comp Lift Kits..?

I have a 6" on a '95 K1500. So far it has held up well. No breakage etc. What year is your truck?

Kris '95 K1500

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 01:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i helped my buddy install one on his toyota last december and he has had no problems at all. the truck rides great. he hasnt done any hard wheeling yet - he had 35s with the stock v6 but is in the process of installing a TPI 350 out of a vette, but he has had no problems

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Mike ~
"The more I learn about women the more I like my TRUCK!" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 12:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got a 6" on my 94 and have had no problems at all. It rides great and, Yes, I do go wheelin'

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]94 Yukon 350TBI 4L60E 6"ProComp 33-14.5-15 Swamper SSRs 15x10 Mickey Thompson Challengers Jacobs Ignition K&N Filtercharger 4.56:1 Ring and Pinion Superlift VSSB[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-225360-jimfyukon1.jpg (22.5 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 05:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My truck is an '82 chevy 3/4 ton

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well we are all talking about IFS lifts so yours is a bit different. although yours is much simpler and less things to go wrong

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Mike ~
"The more I learn about women the more I like my TRUCK!" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 05:55 PM

A buddy of mine hade Pro-Comp 6" on the front of his '87 Jimmy. It rode like a crap until he wheeled it a bit, at which point they sagged enough to make it ride OK. He lost 1-1.5" to sag. It flexed OK, but not great. I like my Superlift Superides better, but next time I'm going to go with Alcan or National custom springs. They can make them with lots of thin leaves to make for a nice ride and good flex.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2000, 08:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a Pro Comp 6' and it does very well on mud as well as jeep trails, that must tell you something.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2000, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best selling IFS lift ever. That says something even if your truck is a strait axle.

catch you on the flip side
BadBowtie

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 09:18 AM
Mud in my Veins

Go ask the guys on http://www.coloradok5.com. A lot of the K5 guys on there do rock crawling and some pretty flexy stuff. They can give you an opinion on the ProComp solid axle stuff. Just because someone makes an okay IFS lift, doesn't mean their solid axle leaf spring lifts are good too. Rough country makes a good leaf spring lift, but their 2-3" IFS lift blows.

Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Flowmaster 40 DF 3", 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode