Bed Swap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Bed Swap

Hello all,
I am new to the board and am in need of some free advice from qualified GM experts....anyone fit that description?

I have located a reltively prestine(rust and dent free) 1980 longbed to replace my beatup box. The guy is willing to sell but doesn't know what it's worth and to be quite honest neither do I. Now before everyone posts "offer him 10 bucks" I'd like to hear realistic values..thanks in advance

1980 Chevy 1-ton Crewcab, 4x4, 500cui CaddyPowered, Th400, Np205, Dana 60/14 bolt FF, 285/75/16...Work in Progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bed Swap

Well... I'd like to tell you that its not worth anything and that I'd happily take it off his hands instead of sending it to the scrap yard but... you're a long ways away from me.

Rust free complete boxes are becoming extremely rare. I am looking at $1000 canadian ($600US) for a pristine box including tailgate etc where I am. By pristine, I mean flawless, absolutely no rust, no dents, and no scratches. GM also recently upped the price on their sheet metal as well. And cheap aftermarket stuff isn't worth anything. $500US is a fair price. But of course offer him less than that.

Now, if there is ANY rust, or ANY dents/scratches in the paint, its worth alot less. Your discretion of course. Good luck.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 05:38 PM

He is the seller, make him give you a price. I never volunteer a price, and 9 times out of 10 they will come up a price that is lower than you would have offered!
If it includes tail lights & tail gate? it's WORTH $400 to $500 depending on the condition (real good to pristine). But I know people who have bought these for as little as $200
Disclaimer!!! The price has alot to do with supply, and where you are in the country.

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info...I'll be going back tommorow for another load of hay and then I'll find out what "he" thinks it's worth.

I have another question for you guys....I have found an intact front end (minus hood) that has been removed from a blazer....are you seeing a trend here? Same deal as before...what's it worth? It looks to be in fairly good condition...maybe just a little surface prep before painting. I really only need the outer fenders, but have a feeling that I'd have to take the whole unit.

Man...I've been looking for the past year and all of a sudden I'm finding all the parts I need all at once. This is a good and bad thing you understand. Good thing the CrewCab is in good shape...I think I'd be SOL trying to find a replacement cab.
thanks again
aj

1980 Chevy 1-ton Crewcab, 4x4, 500cui CaddyPowered, Th400, Np205, Dana 60/14 bolt FF, 285/75/16...Work in Progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode