Regear - Recalibrate - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 08:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Regear - Recalibrate

I recently put a 4.56:1 ring and pinion in my rig. I noticed a substantial increase in acceleration but my shift points and my speedometer went completely wacko. The governer would kick in way too soon as well. Not only was this annoying but could be potentially unsafe. I picked up a VSSB from Superlift and the problem is solved[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]. The truck runs great now and the unit took all of about 10 minutes to install. The hardest part was disconnecting the battery cable[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 02:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Regear - Recalibrate

I really need one of those for my truck, just haven't gotten around to it yet. What did it cost you? where is it on the truck? I have a '95 so I'm sure it is in the same place.

Kris '95 GMC

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 11:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've seen them from $105.00 to $130.00. Just buy one![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]! It's a relatively inexpensive fix and it makes all the difference in the world. Your VSSB is located behind your glove box. You simply disconnect your negative battery terminal, take out the inner shell of your glove box(4 screws on mine), unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Takes about 10 minutes. Just tell them your tire size and gear ratio. Only problem is that they're not programmable so if you make a significant change in tire size again you'll have to buy a new one. Go check out http://www.superlift.com/speedo.htm. You can read about it there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 01:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cool, thanks. Just dropped a ton of money on the truck this week, So next paycheck I will be looking at one of those.

Kris

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 10:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just talked with a bunch of shops and they all said they had to order it from Superlift.. I called Superlift and they said they discontinued the VSSB.. Talked to one knowlegable guy and he said JET makes a SCU2000 that does basicaly the same thing but adjustable.. Still trying to find info on it.. Also the same guy told me the VSSB is really made by Howell but I can't find any info on this.. Can anyone fill in the blanks here.. I really need one of these for my S-10.. My auto tranny is shifting at 4000 instead of 5300RPM running 33's and stock 3.73 gears...

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 12:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got mine at 4wheelparts. As far as I know, the adjustable ones from Jet are for 96 and above otherwise I would have gotten one of those. This part is an AC/Delco part.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 12:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where did you find it for $105? 4WPH says $130 but dont have it in stock.. Like I said I called Superlift and they sayd they dont make it anymore.. Where are they getting it from?

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 05:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've seen them either online or in a magazine for $105.00. I don't remember[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. Either way, $105.00 or $130.00, it's totally worth it as far as I'm concerned. If you absolutely can't find it another option would be to take it to a shop. There's a place called Steve's Speedometer on Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach. It'll cost you about $300 bucks though[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Like I said, it's an AC/Delco part so you might check at a parts store if your tire size and gear ratio aren't too far from a stock configuration.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 12:07 AM

there is an ad in nov. fourwheeler magazine on page 132. tyres international has them listed for $105 '92-'95 gm trucks

http://www.tyres1.com

Shorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode