Jet Performance 700R-4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jet Performance 700R-4

Is Jet Performance a good place to buy a 700R-4 trans.
It's going in my 77 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with my 205 transfer case, which gets alot of use. I drove 4 and 5 spds for 20 years now and think I'm do for a change. I hope its a good choice. Any information or advice would be great. Thanks,Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 11:07 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Jet Performance 700R-4

Have heard very good things about Jet's 700. Well worth the money. They build it very tough. A few of the guys on here run them. I plan on getting one in the future after I build up my 350. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 10:45 AM

I haven't had any problems out of my JET T700 and I bought it last November ( around 15k on it so far). When I called them they seemed to know what they were doing. I think the jet transmission would probably make more of difference behind a gas motor because my K10 w/ 6.2 diesel drives 100% better than it did with the old 700[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I can actually feel it shift. If you do buy it make sure you tell them that you pull a loaded gooseneck or the equivelent, so they will send you the bigger tranny cooler. Altough I like my JET 700, I kinda wish I had converted my K10 to a 5speed manual(NV4500[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]). If you have any specific questions just post them here.

<font color=blue>86DIESEL[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
'86 K10, 6.2 diesel, Jet T700, Flowmasters, BFG M/Ts</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 11:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try Bowtieoverdrives, the prices are much better and he builds nothing but overdrive trannies !! http://www.700R4.com

<font color=red>BIGBURB<font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
http://sites.netscape.net/bigburb88/homepage
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 12:14 PM

Just went to the site mentioned above and it sounds like Jet might have jipped me on the converter. They told me that with my diesel that they have had better performance and reliablity out of the non-locking converter so thats what I ordered. The only visible down side to the converter I've experienced so far has been a decrease in mileage by 1mpg. Maybe the non-locking converter is better for my application[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] but by www.700R4.com standards they don't even sell non-locking converters. Just a thought.

<font color=blue>86DIESEL[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
'86 K10, 6.2 diesel, Jet T700, Flowmasters, BFG M/Ts</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hell... if ya realy want to go big... get one of the 4l80's they convert to 6 speed... that'd give ya the perfect geer no mater what...... and they only cost about twice what the 700r4 does... but they are ezaly twice as strong..

WARNING: DRIVER HAS ATLEAST $50 WORTH OF AMUNITION!

-83 'yoda (soon to have a 4.3v6) 5.29, dual arb's, dual stock tcase, wagoneer springs, 35" sx's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode