Ravin vs. Flowmaster - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ravin vs. Flowmaster

Has anybody heard those new Ravin performance mufflers? They are sold at Midas and supposedly outflow a Flowmaster 40 Series. Any comments on the sound? Check out the website at http://www.goravin.com

1974 K20 4spd 350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 08:56 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Ravin vs. Flowmaster

I can't even get on the site, but I'd say Flowmasters are better. I was told Gibsons were better than Flowmasters too, and I got one. It sucks. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I am going to Flowmasters from now on, and will replace this Gib when it falls off or I get duals. Sounds to me like that is the brand they get more money out of, so they try and talk them up. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 08:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah I would be cautious about that product. I haven't heard of them and Midas is probally just pushing that product. They can claim any flow numbers(their test one is probally modified) and the actual ones you buy don't flow as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 12:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How do Dynomax mufflers stackup??

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1/2t SWB in the making!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 01:41 PM
Veteran

Ravin???? Up here in Ontario Midas sells Rino mufflers and pipes and my friend put them on his 96 Z71 and the sound is just amazing and is better sounding than my other friend from school who has a 97 Z71 with flowmasters.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 03:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dynomax is what the two 4x shops that i frequent both recomended to me when i asked about what type of muffler to get. I got the "fully welded race magnum" muffler from dynomax and ran 2.5 inch pipe back from the muffler to keep the stock appearance, it sounds pretty good in my opinion, not too loud unless you romp on it (side note, it is on a 2000 blazer with 4.3L v6).

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I heard dirty_dog likes to put his noodle in exhaust pipes.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. j/k what up d-dog,how are things.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME BITE ME
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

last time i got mufflers I went for flow-tech terminators. Everyone around here has flowmasters so i always look to be different. the terminators have a nice deep grumble. if you want noise don't get the gibson, they are too quiet. the gibson on my silverado was easy to put on and gave more power but it is just alittle too quiet. dyno max mufflers are good but a little pricey.

<font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode