2 Door Tahoe Wheelbase and exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2 Door Tahoe Wheelbase and exhaust

Do the 2 door tahoe's have the same wheelbase as the short bed pick-ups? Many people tell me they are shorter. Also I am looking for a performance exaust for a 97 Tahoe that I just purchased, but I cant seem to find any listings on two doors. I want an exhaust that is noticable but not very loud. I did see that the truck already has duals up until the muffler. Any Ideas??? Thanks
Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 08:40 PM
Matt S.

Re: 2 Door Tahoe Wheelbase and exhaust

I've been thinking about putting duals on my '97 pick-up for a long time. Same boat with two pipes and cats going into the muffler. A lot of people's advice is to find a good exhaust shop in your area and have an exhaust system custom made with mandrel bent tubing. I'm thinking Flowmaster 50 series mufflers with side exits right now if possible.

Matt

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

50 Series mufflers are great i put them on my 84 K20 with a 350 and it gives them a NICE rumble, not quiet, but not real loud.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<font color=blue>"Your driveway doesn't counts as Off-Road"</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I may be able to help. It sounds like your '97 2 door is like my '99. I got the series 50 Flowmaster with dual 2.25" inlets and dual 2.25" outlets on the same muffler. Now your custom muffler shop can fabricate your duals. I chose sending them straight out the back. The sound is "beefy" but not loud. GM should have done this in the first place.

Carl
'99 two-door Tahoe; 6" Superlift; 35x12.5x15 Baja Claw Radials;
15x10 Centerline Hellcat chrome; Flowmaster dual exhaust
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 05:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got a 2 door Yukon. I'm pretty sure it's got the shortest wheelbase of any full size GMs. I took mine to a local shop and had them put on a single 3" mandrel bent pipe with a Flowmaster and a side exit. It's got a good rumble at low RPMs and an aggressive roar when I step on it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 06:01 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>The IFS 2-door Blazer/Yukons have a wheelbase around 112" (not sure exactly) which is longer than the old straight-axle Blazers (106.5"), but not as long as a shortbed/reg-cab (117"). The shortbed shares a wheelbase with the 4-door Tahoe/Yukon.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode