Loud exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 06:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Loud exhaust

Has anyone used Dynomax bullet mufflers? I am trying to make a loud, mean exhaust for my CJ with a 360. I got the mufflers out of Summit because it said "race purposes only"
I also put on Dynomax headers, but can't get to the muffler shop until next week, any info on how the sound would be great, thanks.

78 CJ5 work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 05:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Loud exhaust

Loud, very loud.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 05:36 PM

UH?
WHAT?

I figured you may as well get used to it now![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What do you mean scoobydoo

78 CJ5/360
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 11:41 PM
Mud in my Veins

He means with those you will go deaf. They are race mufflers, ment more for scavenging exhaust out of the engine and pipes, than actual sound muffling. That's why all the racers wear hearing protection. I personnally wouldn't want to run race mufflers on anything I was going to drive normally.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 02:52 AM

Not to mention that your fellow four wheelers aren't going to look too kindly at your race style exhaust making the trails sound like Sears Point during the Autolite Nationals. No offense intended, but how would you like it if you were enjoying a nice quiet day on the trail when somebody roars by in a Jeep with 110 dB exhaust? Seems like it would be a bit irritating. "Mean" is not neccessarily synonimous with "loud". Like I said, no offense intended, just playing Devil's Advocate.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>- Contagious Off-Road -</font color=red>

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try www.moparchat.com - they will know a lot about the 360's and which systems make them the loudest.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 08:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Race exhaust is there for a reason. It's meant for racing. Not for trails, or offroading. For a nice rumble, but not excessive, try flomaster, borla. There is a whole section in Summit for Jeeps and they also have exhaust systems made for the Jeep.

Rhino

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2000, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

take me to the top!!

78 CJ5/360
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 12:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i dont know about any of you.. but a cj with side exhaust is loud no matter what you do...

the bullit is desighned to provide aprox 3-5 bd wort of sound dapening compared to an open pipe...... btw...... 3db is the minimum diference a human ear can detect.. so in otherwords.... its going to drive you and every one else nuts! good choice tho on the dynomax headers... they have the smallest primary tubes out of any of the brands.. w/ a 360 the'll limit top end hp , but they ought to help make a but load of torq...

looking for a new diesel powered blazer
(R.I.P.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode