Selling Engine to transfer case, need price advice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2000, 02:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Selling Engine to transfer case, need price advice

I looked up the casting numbers and this is what I have: A 2 bolt main SB 400 not cross drilled to 4 bolt yet, 2.02 Fuelie Heads, Rochester Quadrajet 4bbl, turbo350 tranny with shift kit, and 203 T-case (I think, maybe 205, not sure on this one) which is not all time 4 wheel drive. Ran and drove when pulled from truck that I aquired, in Colorado if that info would help. I figured on a range of $1,200ish, but I don't want to rob anyone and I don't want to sell myself short (just be fair). I know the materails are are close to top of the line for there catagories, but they could use some cleaning up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2000, 02:51 PM

Re: Selling Engine to transfer case, need price advice

I am not looking for a drive train, but it sounds kinda high to me [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
SB 400, TH350/230, with unknown miles!
no way I would pay over $1000.
If it were all fresh rebuilt w/ receipts would be another thing!
Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2000, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well if it's not a full time 4wd, then it's a NP205 case. As for the price, it is to high. I"d put it up for around $500 and you should sell it pretty quick. Hell for $500 I might buy it LOL

'95 Frod Ranger, 347cid engine, NP435/Dna 20 (3.15:1 gears), 4.88 Powerlock Dana 44 front, 4.88 Strange spool 9" rear, Wrangler springs in front, 38X15.50X15 TSL Swamper Radials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2000, 03:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shoot, the local junkyards are getting 5-6hundred just for a 205 transfercase around here now!!! Sounds like a pretty fair price if it all is in working order.Course rebuilt sounds better though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode