Summit and Jegs - Just some thoughts.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Summit and Jegs - Just some thoughts....

i checked up on the status of my orders today, sent UPS ground, and i thought i'd post my thoughts for you folks to see......

I ordered a cap/rotor and some plugs from Summit on tuesday evening, August 8th.....they were shipped out that night and they have been scanned in here in town today, so i'll get that order tomorrow....yeehaw [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

five minutes after i hung up with the summit rep, i ordered a set of ignition wires from Jegs (summit did not have them in stock, so they would have gone on back order). the rep wasn't very helpful at all, BTW. so, like my other post mentioned, she must have been new (i'll give her the benefit of the doubt) they were shipped out on thursday, August 11th. what the heck? they were in stock? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] anyway, the last scheduled scan of my package was in Columbus, Ohio. i was disgusted so i didn't ask what day that was.

maybe i should have gotten the wires from Summit, back order and all. they might have gotten here before the jegs order [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] this is my first order from Jegs, and initial impressions aren't looking so good. anyway, that's the story for now.....

Shorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 02:10 AM

Re: Summit and Jegs - Just some thoughts....

I've never had anything but luck with Summit. Stuff gets to me REALLY fast, the items almost always ship the same day or the next morning. The one time an order took more than 24 hours to get out of their door they threw a really nice Summit Racing baseball cap in the box (a nice hat too, not one of the cheesy silkscreened foam and mesh ones), I didn't even bug them about the order shipping late, they just threw the hat in of their own accord. Add to that the fact that Summit really seems to care about individual customers and actually employs people that know what the he!! they're talking about and you've got a really unique company. Of the approximately $5000 and over 20 orders I've placed with them in the last 2 years I've had exactly zero problems.

I've ordered stuff from Jeg's before, and they're generally about average. That is, know what you want before you call because they can't really give product advise, and don't expect any special treatment.

Sorry to sound like a Summit spokesman, but they are absolutely my favorite mail order company out there.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>- Contagious Off-Road -</font color=red>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 02:41 AM
Mud in my Veins

I ordered a set of Goodyear Super HiMiler hoses for my truck from Summit a week ago Saturday. Not only was it a great price, and the salesman very helpful, they got there on Tuesday afternoon. I could have gotten them that day, but I didn't think they would be in until Wednesday, so I didn't even bother to look until the next day. WOW! Summit definately will be getting repeat orders from me. I highly recommend the Goodyear Super HiMiler hoses by the way. Look trick and very high quality.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 05:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just a little defense for Jegs. I ordered some Weld Drag Lite rims from them for my Mustang and I oops the order up. Wrong back spacing[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img], anyways they were already on their way(same day, later time) and i asked what to do. They were helpful and told me to send them back. I asked if I send them back UPS three day select if they would match the shipping time. They said no problem and sure enough the right ones were shipped back to me 3 day with no extra charge. Thats just my good experience with them. It doesn't mean people always will have good luck also. Forget all the mess ups, you got to love those Pro Stock Oldsmobiles.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 10:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

When ever I order from jegs or summit iIusually get the items with in 2-3 days. the last time i ordered from summit I asked the guy it they had and body mounts for my blazer and he said they were out of stock. and he said it would be 2 weeks. then when I said I will go use another company they suddenly appeared. and they even showed up art my house 2 days later.

Mudsick <font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 12:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

So far, Summit equals good consumer experience [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
They really have their $H!T together. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 01:43 PM

I have placed several orders with Summit and was amazed at how helpful they are and how fast their stuff gets to me! They even have really helpful labeling like "this box contains sharp objects" so you don't cut the sh*t outta your hand when you reach in a grab a brand new flex-o-lite fan by the blade[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Cheryle

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]weehaa!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

when summit told me that they didn't have the wires in stock, i thought about telling them that i'd just order from another company, but i didn't. i figured, no need to give them any reasons to sabatoge my order [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Shorts
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 04:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im still waiting for my braided brake lines from Summit.. A MONTH now!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Got cross-drilled rotors and pads in two days.. They did send me a card that the lines where on order from the manufacture (Russell) and I could cancel my order, that was on the 5th.. It also said I should get them by the 8th.. Hmmmm its the 15th... Got to call them and ask where they are..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

wooo! i just opened my box from summit!! i'm all excited [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

WeaZle, call em up and ruffle their feathers a lil' bit. even the good ones need a kick in the tail to keep em honest [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Shorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode