Anybody have 35" Uniroyal Laredos willing to sell? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2000, 12:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anybody have 35\" Uniroyal Laredos willing to sell?

My truck right now has 33"x12.5x16.5 tires and I love the tires. The tread design is really cool, but I dont know where to find any. Also, I think a really wide tire would look cool, like the Baja Claws or Baja Belted. Give me some opinions on some good tires for an '86 Chevy Silverado. Thanks.
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2000, 04:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anybody have 35\" Uniroyal Laredos willing to sell?

Does anybody even know where I could find these laredo m/t tires? I've never heard of them before.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2000, 07:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got some 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTRs, and I really like them. They are very quiet on the street, and handle well. So far I have only done some mild offroading, due to a driveshaft problem, but they should do very well offroad once I get that fixed. I'm sure Tex will give his usual Cooper Tire speech. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 09:25 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>If you're upgrading to another size up, I'd personally suggest NOT repeating the Laredo M/T route. I had a set of these & really did not like them. My main experience with radial mud tires focuses around these, the BFG MT & the Cooper STT. I like the Uniroyal the least of the three because it has the worst street manners. Much less stable in corners than the BFG or Cooper. The Cooper lasts the longest (and because of that & its price, it's my favorite), while the Uniroyal & BFG are quieter (the BFG the quietest of the 3, but the Uniroyal isn't bad). All three seem pretty evenly matched in the mud & relatively the same in snow. If you really want to stick with the Uniroyal, I'd think they'd be pretty easy to find (they are around here). But, having had them & other tires, I'd not pick the Uniroyals again. Just my $.02.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the help.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 07:46 PM

You can not go wrong with BFG's they are an outstanding tire! aggressive long lasting tread and a triple sidewall[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Plus even the smallest towns have a tire dealer that carries BFG this is a good thing in case you ever have a problem or a warranty claim!!!
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode