Details on 6.2 diesel swap to 350... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 11:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Details on 6.2 diesel swap to 350...

I need to know what is needed (besides a 350) to convert my crappy, non-working diesel to a 350. Is there some sort of kit? Or any extra parts, a conversion kit? Thanks for your time.
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 11:57 PM

Re: Details on 6.2 diesel swap to 350...

I don't know if there is a kit, but I do know that if you convert a 6.2 diesel to a 350 that you can keep your old transmission. although you will need to swap out the diesel valvebody $150, torque converter $200-$300, as well as the diesel flexplate $150-$200. That is if you pickup has an automatic tranny. If you need these parts check with JET Performance 1-800-959-3235. If you have a manual tranny you might have to modify your old bellhousing or get the one that matches your engine. Anythingelse I can help you with?

86DIESEL
'86 K10, 6.2 diesel, JET T-700, Flowmasters, BFG M/Ts

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2000, 12:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

HEY!!! Now I know I didn't hear you just call the 6.2 Diesel "Cpappy"....I love mine....I just hate what happens when you have to do anything involving the fuel system on a diesel (Getting air in the line's).....Although I wouldn't mind havin a 6.5TD.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2000, 01:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I called mine crappy, because it is siezed up and the previous owners never put oil in it, the crankshaft is ground down, and the grooves are too deep to have it smoothed out, soo.. not to mention other problems when it sits around in a field for 2 years, (i got it for free)

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2000, 02:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You do NOT need to change the flexplate, convertor, or valve body. The diesel convertor is a 6 bolt and the gasser is a 3 bolt, just use the 3 bolts you can and you'll be fine....the valve bodies are the same, it's the govenor that's different. If it's a manual, it'll bolt right up. You'll need to get a gasser kickdown cable. The motor mounts and exhaust interchange, as does the radiator. You'll need all the brackets for accessories, and a gasser throtle cable. The wiring will interchange, just eliminate the glow plug wiring.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2000, 07:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ahhhhhhhh, I see

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2000, 11:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bigbear wich year is your car and what transmission is in it?
On the moment i`m working on a swap from a 6.2 diesel to a 350 in a 1992 "van" with a 4L80E transmission and the big problem on this moment is that the transmission is computer controlled so it won`t shift whit a carb engine. TCI sells a computer to compensate this problem but it will cost $1500 and transgo is working on a solution to.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

River

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2000, 04:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My truck is a 1986 silverado. The transmission was new and its not computer controlled so I dont think I need to worry about that. The previous engine was a 1982 6.2L diesel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode