New - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 06:55 PM
Bowtie4by

New

Hey everybody! This is my first time here. I used to be a Ranger owner, and I participated alot on www.fordranger.com for several years. I grew tired of replacing front tires every 15,000 miles, and of mysterious vibration, and of unfixable driveline clunk, and Ford dealers who don't give a hoot about me. That Ranger was my first Ford, and it will be my last!! It did introduce me to off-roading, and I'm hooked! Now...what mods can I do to the Silverado...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 07:50 PM

Re: New

Welcome to the Chevrolet world. By far the largest selection of aftermarket products and interchangeable parts!!!
WOW!!! A 2000 Silverado & a 2000 Tahoe, damn! well since $$$$ is no object[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I am sure we can help you spend it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Where do you want to start Engine Performance or maybe a Suspension Lift how about some Wheels & Tires you name it, What do you want????[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Throw a Dana 60 up front, a 14 bolt full-floater out back, both running 4.56:1 gears maybe 6-8" spring lift and some 36" tires 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Flowmaster mufflers. . .[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Depends on what you want to do with it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 08:03 PM

Welcome to the world of Chevy ownership, Bowtie! It's good to see someone cross over from the Dark Side of The Force[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. (If you had owned a Dodge you would have merely wandered over from the Dimly Lit Area of The Force).

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>- Contagious Off-Road -</font color=red>

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 11:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey! you name stealer!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]What drivetrain and engine is your silverado and tahoe??? NICE trucks![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<font color=blue>"Your driveway doesn't counts as Off-Road"</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 10:14 AM
Bowtie4by

Hi, Scoobydoo! We\'re almost neighbors...(more)

...I live in Anthem (I-17 and 5 miles north of Carefree Highway.) Thanks for the welcome! Before I modify the trucks, I need to let a little of the warranty expire before I go tearing into the engine and suspension. When the time comes, I'll probably install Flowmaster cat-back dual, and maybe some mods to airbox, MAF, throttle-body, and EPROM, hoping for better mileage and more low- and mid-range power. A lift kit will be in the works: maybe ProComp 4" or 6". Since you're local, are there off-road outings that the posters on this board go to? I'm dying to get into some rough country and have some fun (gotta get away from the wife for a while !!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 10:17 AM
Bowtie4by

Thanks for the suggestion, gmcjim! (more)

Your mods are a little too much for my taste...maybe just a 4-6" lift and slightly bigger tire/wheel combo, and some intake and exhaust mods for better breathing. Thanks for the welcome!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 11:33 AM

Howdy neighbor!

The world just got a little smaller[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]!
Actually there are several of us here from Arizona (Phoenix, Tucson, and outlying areas) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] We were talking about doing a "Crown King" run, when it cools down some![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
You should definitely check with the dealer before you do any mods that might void your warranty! I think you can do the K&N filter now? And you may be able to get away with the catback also? A guy at my work had trouble with his tranny, he took it back to the dealer and they told him his warranty was void because he had changed his tires to 1 size larger than stock! They said that he was falsifying the mileage! By the way it was "Sanderson Phord" here in Phoenix and it was one of these 3rd party warranty's that they sell on used vehicles. Not only did they refuse to service his truck but they entered all this in there computer, so he can not change the tires back and go to another dealer (he already tried) and get this! he still is paying for the extended service contract because it is part of his loan payment[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ! So DEFINITELY check on the warranty before changing Anything!
Tell us some more about you trucks! What engine? What tranny? What gear Ratio? regcab/extcab/crewcab? and it wouldn't hurt to put that info in your BIO as well, that way when you ask about a particular modification, someone trying to help you out can just look there, instead of having to re-post asking for the info.

Shaggy, That was a good one [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] "If you had owned a Dodge you would have merely wandered over from the Dimly Lit Area of The Force"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]hehehe[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 11:59 AM
Bowtie4by

Systems Engineer!!?

I'm thinking of going that route also. I started on the MCSE 4.0 track, but they changed to 2000 before I could finish. Now I don't know what to do. Do you like your job? How are the hours? If married, does being on call 24/7 cause probs? How many hours do you work each week? The sys admins that I know work their butts off, and have very little free time; they seem to be always exhausted, and they hide from the employees because the emps ask stupid mouse inop questions. Am I right?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 12:05 PM
Bowtie4by

Hi, Shaggy! I did come from the \"dimly lit area\"

before going to the dark side. It is good to be in the light again! I was a durability test driver, and a prototype technician at GM Desert Proving Grounds here in Mesa, AZ. I developed the fuel cell and exhaust system for the Opel/Saturn. I drove tests with failed cylinders, exhaust with holes cut just beneath the plastic fuel tank, towing a trailer to see if fuel cell would fail! Talk about risky!!! I can't believe I didn't blow myself up!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode