Join Date: Mar 2000
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Signs that you\'re a hard core four wheeler
Signs that you're a hard core Four wheeler:
- You find that you need a new house because you've outgrown your garage and
the neighbors are threatening violence if you park one more vehicle on the
street or in the front yard.
- The requirements you give your real estate agent are (in order of
1) 8 car climate controlled garage with an attached shop, 8' high doors.
2) Outside parking for 6 cars, a motor home, a crew cab dualie, a
28'enclosed trailer and a 34' 5th wheel.
3) 3 phase 220V outlets in the garage for your welder.
4) A grease pit.
5) Convenient to a hazardous waste disposal site.
6) Deaf neighbors.
7) Across the street from a paint and body shop.
8) Some sort of house with a working toilet and shower on the property
somewhere -or- hookups for the motor home
-Your email address refers to your truck rather than to you.
- You buy new parts because you don't know where you put the spares.
- You're looking for a tow vehicle and still haven't bought furniture for
- You measure all family acquisitions in terms of the number of parts that
could have been purchased.
- You look at the purchase of tools as a long term investment.
- Your garage holds more vehicles than your house has bedrooms.
- You have enough spare parts to build another truck.
- You have truck parts in your cubicle at work.
- Your Christmas list begins with another set of BFG MTs and E-Z Locker and
your 'significant other' knows what they are
- After your answer to "What did you do this weekend?" the next question is
always: "And you do this for fun? Right?"
- You have a separate drawer for 'garage clothes'.
- People know you by your "off"s". "Oh, you are the one stuck in the mud at
Fishing Creek last weekend!"
- You talk to other cars on the road, calling them by the manufacturer's
- Your criteria for selecting a significant other include auto repair
skills. Air tools optional.
- You plan your wedding around the club schedule.
- You astound the clerk at Sears by bringing in a snapped breaker bar every
other week or so.
- You give out 4 wheel Parts Wholesalers number when a friend asks for the
best hardware store.
- You hate long distance driving, but you will gladly drive 800 miles to the
- You save broken car parts as " momentos".
- You know the exact story behind every one! (see above)
- You would choose a "Locker" over air conditioning if it were an option.
- Your idea of a good time is sitting around figuring out gear ratios and
the ideal crawl ratio for given situations.
- You own five Trucks and only one of them is street legal.
- There's a poster of Moab up on the wall next to the family portraits.
- Your video collection contains more wheeling videos then regular videos.
- Your friends call to tell you they found another way into the woods rather
than to see how your doing.
- You refer to "Friends" by the type of truck they drive rather than names.
- You filled out the Top Truck Challenge Voting card but threw away the Census 2000 forms.
- 90% of your work e-mail is wheeling related
- You keep trying to coerce your significant other to allow you to remove
the doors on the mini van.
- You refer to the local construction site as "The testing ground".
- You can remember how to get to every trail you've been on but get lost
going to your in-laws.
- "The Big Question" refers to Bogger or TSL.
- When someone says someone is Biased you immediately think of tires.
- Your truck no longer fits in the garage.
- Your truck has gone to super model status and doesn't leave the garage for
any trail less than a 4 .
- Your daily driver is considered a mild trail rig.
- Drivers behind you can see the car in front of you, under the truck.
- The term "Open with Attitude" is tattooed on you, or you're thinking about
- You base your next vehicle purchase on it's crawl ratio and what's
available for it in the after market.
- People see pictures of your truck flexed out and ask "Is it broken?".
- You stopped washing your truck cause it shows off the scratches.
- Your boss asks you not to bring the truck to work anymore because it won't
fit in the parking garage without the antenna scraping the ceiling.
- You've actually replaced a fluorescent light in the parking garage cause
your antenna hit it.
- Your club web site is your home page.
- You are in search of a house that borders state forest and refuse to buy
anything that's not even remotely close to it.
- You'll drop a couple grand on new axles but the kitchen sink still leaks.
- The vacation pictures are all off road.
- You ALWAYS have your drinks on the rocks!
- You look at an opening in the woods and can determine the best line.
- You base your social class on your recent RTI score rather than how much
money you make.
- Working on your truck is considered relaxation.
- Every time you see a lowered truck you wanna get out and slap the driver
- You look at other cars and think to yourself "I can crawl over that".
- You consider Rubicon as the holy land.
- Tellico no longer scares you.
- You carry more parts to the trail than home.
- You've installed or thought about installing a lift on the lawn mower.
- You consider anything without 4wd-Useless.
- Your ideal vehicle is a Unimog.
- Your truck cost as much as an italian sports car.
- When someone mentions "Xtreme" your eyes light up!
- Motivation involves someone saying "you can't make it".
And the #1 Sign you're a hard core wheeler:
- When someone refers to "The Good Book", you think of "The Chevrolet Owners