Big Ugly6x6 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Big Ugly6x6

Ok, this has nothing to do with chevys really but wouldn't mind some opinions. I have found probably the ultimate
4x4 that being a old 53 military 6x6, complete with all the drivetrain, supposedly runs with a 366. It's in a wreakers
yard and he wants about $600 CDN (i'm in alberta ya know). I figure I could even part the damn thing out for more than that. I thought that with the big military flatdeck on it, I could have one hell of a hauler. Any and all opinions would be apprecaited.... Maybe I should just swap those diffs under my truck???hmmmmm... Jolly Green...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 08:48 PM
Veteran

Re: Big Ugly6x6

Does UPS ship from Alberta to Ontario???? for $600 I would take it. Buy it and build something original and your own. Thats what I would do.

Good luck....Ryan

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 08:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What no pictures

Mudsick <font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 09:11 PM
Mud in my Veins

Yeah, lets see that thing. When I was little, my school had a yellow deuce and a half wrecker to pull school buses out of the ditch with. The janitor was an old army man who would put on an old army helmet and go ruble around in it. Thing was absolutely bitchin'!

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 02:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK I found some pics that are similar to what I've found but have no clue on how to post them up here. I don't think the crappy little computer I use can handle that. Maybe I can send them to some one?? If I do get this thing I'll be sure to take a pic of it sitting beside the other 4x4 for a size comparasin...LOL... should be no contest.. JollyGreen

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 04:24 PM

Email them to me if you'd like, the email address is in my profile...

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My July article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 06:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Think different. It would be easy to put a 73-87 Chevy pickup cab on it, but you can do better. Think Subaru Brat, or something like that.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 08:25 PM

Here's the picture of that 6x6...

<center></center>

That would definitely be an interesting beast to show up at a trail ride for... The only problem I could see might be the maneuverability of it if you had to do tight turns, but with that snorkel and stuff like that you shouldn't have to worry about hitting water with it...

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My July article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-184510-cammodeuce_smallpic.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 08:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First off, at $600 CDN, you can't go wrong. Buy it.

Next, lets see you lift it a bit for some clearance. I say leave the body on there. Looks good.

Better learn how to drive it if you don't already. The gearing in that beast will surely be enough to rip apart the drivetrain.

Did you say it had a 366 Chevrolet? Or is there a diesel in that thing?

Anyhow, put that rig in your driveway.

Nich Kenny
'89 K1500 350/700r4
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 11:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Nich, according to the guy in the yard it's a 366... when i looked under the hood it's definatly big block stuff under there. I think it probably came with one of those 6 cyls first and when it blew up someone swapped in it's current engine. I guess I'll take that spare battery and some fuel to the yard this week and see if that beast will actually fire for me. Then I got to find a place to hide that thing, the landlord at the apt wouldn't like that thing around... Thanks guys... JollyGreen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode