Lifts - Body & suspension - gas tanks too... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2000, 03:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lifts - Body & suspension - gas tanks too...

I'm gonna get the Blazoid painted over the winter, so before I get that done, I'm want to install a lift kit, and I'm relatively new at larger trucks/SUV's. Why do most of the body lift kits I see advertised in various magazines (Summit, Jegs, etc) sometimes says something like 'Not for use with suspension lifts'? It seems to me that if the kits/systems are designed correctly and installed correctly, it shouldn't really matter if a guy puts on a couple inches of body then turns around and adds a few inches of suspension lift to that.
Also, does anybody know of anyone that sells larger gas tanks for a '76 K-5, or at least a left tank kit? Far as I can tell, I've got a 32 gallon right tank. I want more!!!
Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2000, 12:03 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Lifts - Body & suspension - gas tanks too...

Aero Tanks makes a 40 gallon replacement that fits 70-96 Blazers. Here's their number: 1-800-783-4826. They're here in California, so don't forget that they're on pacific time. Oh, and if you want to see an ad, it's on page 150 of the September issue of Four Wheeler, the one with the big white Chevy dually on the cover.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2000, 02:25 PM

Re: Lifts - Body & suspension - gas tanks too...

speaking of the Sept. issue of Fourwheeler, I haven't even received my August issue. I'm pissed. especially since, i just sent them a check for a new 2 year subscription. so, i wrote em a note that i expected my extra 7 issues along with my new 24 issues

Shorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode