I'm sure I saw a new HD - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m sure I saw a new HD

Yesterday, a Kenworth with a dropdeck flatbed was pulling two GM heavy duty trucks through Show Low toward Springerville (Northeast Arizona). One was a pick-up and the other was kind of like a flatfront utility van. The pick-up was an extended cab dually 4x4 with a white cab and the raised hood, but it had a two-tone green and brownish bed, like the popular Dodge scheme. I didn't pay much attention to the van, I was too busy gauking at the truck. Damn that's a good looking truck.

I have seen numerous test vehicles up here, but this is the first GM. They do a lot of towing tests in the Salt River Canyon and I am sure they do quite a bit of altitude tests here. I was begging my girlfriend to let us follow it, but.....

Nich Kenny
'89 K1500 350/700r4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 12:06 PM
TEX

Re: I\'m sure I saw a new HD

<font color=purple>Can't believe she wouldn't let you follow! I actually saw a cab&chassis model (3500 with utility bed) on a flatbed KW (along with a '99 Sub for some reason) at a truckstop back in about March. This one had the low hood for some reason (Chevy cab, but GMC mudflaps), but definitely was a Duramax/Allison setup [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]. He was next to me at the light turning left & I was planning to go straight, 'til I realized what I was seeing. So, I swung back around for a better look & the dude had stopped at the truckstop. 'Bout a week later, saw a different one (#1 white, #2 red) just a few miles away on the same highway, but moving in the opposite direction. Haven't seen one since [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. The release is "supposed" to be this month, so maybe we'll start seeing some.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 08:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey TEX how many time are you going to tell that story?

Mudsick <font color=red>'99 Silverado</font color=red> <font color=blue>'79 Blazer</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 11:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is cool page for you Duramax folks
Sweet looking trucks

http://www.thedieselpage.com/2001.htm
found another site
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/revi.../hd_drive.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2000, 12:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Also, Truckworld.com has an awesome write up about them in their test section. By the way, whats wrong with tellin'a story more than once, haven't you ever had a fish that was "THIS BIG"

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 09:00 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Mudsick, 'til I get tired of tellin' it, and I'm not tired yet [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]!</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 09:13 PM
Veteran

Hey TEX....Tell it again please!!! Please Tex tell it again.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] just joking with ya buddy. I wish I would have been the one to have seen them though, you are one lucky guy.

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode