crew-cab/ext cab - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 01:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

crew-cab/ext cab

finally getting around to looking for my new truck.
only real stumper for me is:
1) do i get the crew cab long box?
2) or the ext-cab long box?
the dealer tells me the interior volume is the same ,the 4-door is just more convenient.
although the crew cab seems more spacious in the back.
it will be a daily driver most of the time for me.
(how much of a hassle is it to open the front door ,to open the rear door on the ext-cab????) any type of opinion or 2-cents will help me out. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 02:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: crew-cab/ext cab

Well, if you have enough people that you are going to be using the back seat you are going to have to open the front doors anyway right? Just a thought, and also, I too thought the crew cab seemesd to have more room.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 09:33 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>I can't believe the dealer would feed you that line of bull. Find another dealer - or at least another salesman who knows what he's talking about (or at least isn't so concerned with moving inventory he has ON the lot that he'd lie to you). The Crewcab is 10" longer than the X-cab, ALL of the extra space being IN the cab. If you plan on adult passengers in the rear on a very regular basis (daily or at least weekly), I'd go for the crewcab. If it's just the occasional rear seat passenger you're worried about, the X-cab will probably be fine as long as you're not super tall (meaning you push the seat all the way back into your passenger's knees). </font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 11:56 AM

There is a hell of alot more room in the crew cab! a friend of mine has one and it is great! I only wish I had one. If you plan to use the back seat just for gear or storage then the ext. cab is great, but if you plan on regularly hauling people around then the suicide door on the ext. cab is difficult to get in and out of, for the person ridding in the front seat to get out he has to stand there while the person in the back seat gets out, then the two of them have to scoot toward the front, out of they way of the back door to close it, then scoot back to close the front door, picture this little dance when you are parked close to another car in a parking lot and you can not fully open the front door, with two adults it is a PITA! If I had the money I would get a crew cab.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 06:26 PM
Veteran

What is the price difference between the two? and are they still making Crew-Cab short-boxes like they were with old style trucks? I sure liked the looks of them.

Good luck....Ryan

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If the price isn't a concern, by all means get a crew-cab. There is more room to store gear and tools inside the vehicle. Plus you and passengers have easier access to the rear seating areas. My opinion would be to get the crew-cab truck. That way you don't wish that you had bought the crew-cab when you are stuck with the smaller extended cab and the suicide doors.

Dan

The Lord Giveth, and the Government Taketh Away
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 01:44 AM
Mud in my Veins

I'm in the Marines, and my shop has two 1 ton 2wd Crew Cabs long beds. One is a 98 GMC, and the other is a 2000 Chevy. Both have 350's and 2wd, which kinda blows, but that's not what you asked about. Being Marines, we are not the smallest bunch. The average height is like 6'. One of my buddies is 6'5", and another is 6'8". We can easily fit them in the back with the front seat all the way back for me to drive. We have even had 9 people crammed in them. Not exactly legal, but we only drive around on the airfield. Plenty of room. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 09:25 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Crewcab shortboxes are not yet available in the "new-style" trucks (neither are crewcab longbeds for that matter), but are available now on the C/K platform (rare though). Crewcab shortboxes will be available in the new "Silverado/Sierra" style this fall as '01 models.</font color=purple>

TEX

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 09:30 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Here's what the new '01 crewcab shortbed will look like.</font color=purple>

TEX

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 01:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whats the price differance between the crew cad and the extended cab?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode