Opps! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 10:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Opps!

I go through periods of time with out doing damage to my truck. But today i discovered that I put a small hole in the roof of my 94 ext. cab. I was wondering if any of you guys had a good way to fix it. I feel so dumb at times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Opps!

<font color=blue>How small is the hole? Mabye you could fill it in with a MIG welder, but only if its small. Please don't fill it in with bondo because that will make it worse. </font color=blue>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 10:23 PM
Mud in my Veins

Just a question. How do you put a hole in the top of your truck? I'm curious.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 11:44 PM

i'm curious too....don't tell me the game wardens caught you firing a weapon from inside the vehicle......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Shorts
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 12:01 PM

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] My brother once shot a hole in the roof of my 78 Chevy truck, with an unloaded? 30/30[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img], Damn that was loud![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] my ears were still ringing for days!!!
Since I had to fix the inside as well as the outside, we welded a piece of sheet metal on from the inside and made a padded headliner with an overhead console. And on the outside I used some bondo and re-painted the roof, which it needed anyway do to the custom paint effects that the "Aries flame thrower" lights created, prior to the shields. ( I still remember saying "What's that smell, probably just the heat off the lights" but that's another story[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img])
So after the hole was repaired (at my brothers expense), it actually improved the truck!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 09:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Gm made it really difficult to take the headliner panel out to change the 4x6 and I broke the panel in may(99) so I put the panel backupwith self drilling screws. all of the other screws went into a metal support, but I realized yesterday that i put the screw for the roof. the is small, and I filled the hole with JB weld, this afternoon. Now I just need to put a little pain on top. So no it wasn't a gun. funny story though we were out hunting coyores here in South Dakota, and my friend's brother called and asked how do you fix a hole in the hood. he was driving this two-wheel drive suburban, and he was rodding it around and he shot one of the fan blades through the hood of the sub. That old 454 still has a lot of balls.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 04:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like one of the mistakes a rookie made at the stereo shop i used to work at... no, it wasn't me[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

uh huh, sure Dirty_Dog! LOL

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '87 Chevy 1/2t SWB in the making!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I read something once about some guys from Arkansas replacing a fuse with a 22cal bullet...it got hot and went off and hit the driver in the nuts...s'posed to be a true story...hell...I'll believe dang near anything...K5

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 12:48 PM
Mud in my Veins

OOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode