Deisel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Deisel

I know a guy who's selling an 80's model 4wd Suburban. I haven't had a chance to find out specifics as I just noticed it while I was on the go. I do know that it's got 8 lug wheels, it's a deisel and the body appears to be somewhere around 85-87. What type of hardware would you expect to find on one of these as far as axles, t-case, transmission. I'm pretty sure it's an automatic. I know this is a little vague[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] but I'm just trying to get an idea cause I'm real interested in it and I can't find anything out until later tonight so I'm jonesing for some info.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 04:13 PM
Veteran

Re: Deisel

How about 10 bolt front, 14 bolt rear, np208 and th700 ?

Andreas

If a Blazer runs smooth, it isnīt really a Blazer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 04:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a 1982 Blazer 4x4 with a 6.2 Diesel at one point in time. It had a 700R4 tranny and NP208 transfer case (don't know if it was original equipment, though). The axles were standard 1/2 ton axles, with a 12 bolt rear and 10 bolt front. Axle ratios were 3.08 and fuel milage was somewhere around 22+ MPG. The rear axle was actually a corporate posi - the only 3.08 posi I have ever seen in a truck. The rig had over 240,000 miles on it when I parted it out. The whole body was literally falling apart. I'd still be driving the truck today if the body would have held out a little longer. Just a side note - I think a 6.2 Diesel is heavier than a 454 even though it's only got 378 cubes, so check the front suspension...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 04:26 PM

In 1980 every fullsize 4x4 GM truck had an NP205 transfer case. Very nice, especially with an Auto, since it's rare. Tranny is probably a TH400. I'm not sure what GVWR the Diesels were available with, but in general a 1/2 ton will have a pair of 10 bolts, the 3/4 ton should have a 14 bolt rear (could be either SF or FF), and a 10 bolt front.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>- Contagious Off-Road -</font color=red>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode