This guy really got burned by GM! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

This guy really got burned by GM!

Geez, I actually feel bad for this guy really got burned when he bought his 2000 impala. I was mortifed to read how poorly GM treated him and I was mortifed to hear how horrible the quality of thier cars are.
I could hardly belive it...
See what he is doing to buck the system.

http://www.execpc.com/~thor101/impala/

Dan_E

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 12:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: This guy really got burned by GM!

Is there a Reader's Digest Version thats shorter LOL

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

It did get a bit wordy, but then again, he had a lot of information to submit about his ordeal with GM.

Dan_E

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 01:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know. This is clearly only one side of the story. If quality of the 2000 and 2001 Impalas was as bad as indicated with general computer related problems I would have expected these to be reflected on the NHTSA website. There does not appear to be anything in NHTSA's data base which reflects a safety recall, defects investigation or even a tech service bulletin related to the items he mentioned. Their "consumer complaints" page was not working today for some reason but this would also be something to check before accepting this story at face value.
I also note that even though he recommends hiring a lawyer he apparently remains unrepresented. If his case is such a slam dunk I have to wonder why the attorneys he spoke with would turn down such easy money.
Just my $.02.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would be interested in hearing the other side of the story. Maybe he is just upset because he really wanted to buy a Ford. He made mention of his height and weight being a factor in buying a car he could "fit in". Maybe he is just pissed off at God for building the ground so far away from his ass.

He did bring up some good points concerning customer service. Even if GM did want his money that bad they could have taken a better approach to handling his situation. The industry has a hard time admitting when they make a mistake and in my opinion probably just should have worked a deal on the 2000 and said "Sorry that GM was not able to fulfill your needs. Please come back and see us in a few years."

77 GMC Jimmy aka the Greyghost
UNLIMITED SLIPS in both ends
"Went through it's first three legs pretty quick. Thank God for the last one."
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 02:29 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>I posted this on the Jeep board - basically said that my uncle has a 2000 Impala & just can't say enough good about it. He's 100% pleased. I agree that this sounds more like an isolated problem, though GM didn't handle it well IMO.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 06:53 PM

I agree that IF what this guy says is 100% true, then GM definately treated him like Sh1t, and I'd be pissed too. Once upon a time, Toyota did the same thing to me. Now I won't buy a Toyota on principle, although I really like some of their cars. Sounds to me like maybe he's exaggerating quite a bit; his main problem could possibly be the fact that he is a whiny little bitch, and who wants to go out of thier way to help a whiny little bitch?

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>- Contagious Off-Road -</font color=red>

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Well, he just updated his page, GM has offered him a settlement of sorts, they are going to buy him out of his cars, and he will take down his page in return.
I think it was a great effort on his part to prove a point.
It's sad when you have to make websites to get anybody to listen to you.

Dan_E

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 03:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Aye Carumba. Oh well those cars are disgusting to look at anyway.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2000, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

People nowadays want every thing done for THEM, and they won't flex. Dealers do not have ultimate power, Chevy controls them. Chevy tried to make him happy but HIS standards were not met. I think if we would have just given in a little bit the whole thing would have been better. Also why did he buy it if he knew it would have problems? I mean my god just because it's new doesn't mean it'll be the best thing since sliced bread. Remember the Fiero's fire issues[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. People just need to think about what they are doing and try to understand others views. Sorry for the long post but I work in retail and hate people that come in and expect me to wipe their a%% for them just because they have no mind of their own and didn't do research.

Yehaw!

Rossco&lt;-A true GMC man
1988 GMC s15 Jimmy 4x4 4.3ltr Mudder wanna be! "Beef"
1985 GMC Jimmy 4x4 5.7ltr, soon to be mudder! "Bull"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode