Pro Comp Tires? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pro Comp Tires?

Has anyone tried out the new Pro Comp Mud Terrains? Iam thinking about buying a set of 35x12.50 for my suburban but I have no info on them. I would like to put 36x12.50 swampers on it but it will be driven on the street sometimes and I have heard that the bias ply swampers are nothing but a headache. Any info helps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 01:04 AM

Re: Pro Comp Tires?

there was a writeup in one of the spring issues of fourwheeler. they gave the tires good marks.

Shorts
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 02:15 AM

Not to say that they aren't good tires, but anything that Four Wheeler says about a product made by Pro-Comp really has to be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as how Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers, which is the owner of Pro-Comp, places 8 or 10 page ads in every issue. Like I said, not to say that they aren't good tires, but I'm sure that Four Wheeler does everything in their power to please their biggest advertiser. That and the fact that Fourwheeler rarely, if ever, says anything derogatory about any products. Of course I'm kind of a suspicious fellow about things like that, so I may be way off base.

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>- Contagious Off-Road -</font color=red>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 08:20 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Yeah, one of my biggest beefs with Four Wheeler has been their luke-warm response to bad products. I wish sometimes they'd be more like the car mags & just say so when something they try sucks. Surely EVERYTHING they test can't be "great".</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 11:21 AM

yeah, i understand what you mean about Fourwheeler. They are not too quick to give cut and dry negative feedback. Someone around the board has just recently(past couple months) bought a set of Pro Comp's mud tires. I can't remember who it is. Try a search and the threads should come up.

Shorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode