Superlift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 08:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Superlift

Anybody have a 6" Superlift kit on their truck? Need to find pics too!! I wanna get the 6" kit, to achieve 6" with Rancho, you have to crank the torsion bars =( Thanks for any info

Rhino

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 01:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Superlift

Superlift is great just ask Scooby convienced me couldn't be happier as far as pics. I'm not that advanced I see your new look in "readers rides" several pictures their hope this helps Brent

88 1500 4X4 6 in. SUPERLIFT, 35X12.50BFG AT

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 12:43 PM

Yeah, "Superlift" is great! I don't have it on my current truck...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I don't have any $$$$ right now, but as soon as I do, I will either get another "Superlift" or I might do the "D60 straight axle conversion". (Mainly since I have never done it, and I am really thinking about 38"s and 4.56's)
But I was VERY happy with the "Superlift" nothing ever broke! I had it aligned after it was installed, and then took it back at about 20K, and the alignment shop said it was still good. So I never bothered to align it again [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I sold the truck about 8 months ago with close to 30k on the lift & tires, it still had no problems, and still had the same 35" bfgs that had been on for a little over 2 years and they wore straight across (I rotate every 3k, when I change the oil).
Rancho also seems good but you don't get the same height with it. I know people that have had alot of problems with other brands.
My recommendation for a IFS, with up to 35"s, is "SUPERLIFT"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
(IMO 35" should be the limit on IFS)

Dotsonbrent, I am glad you like it also!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 01:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What year is your truck? Is it the 94 from your profile? If so, doesn't the Superlift system for a 94-98 K1500 require you to crank up the torsion bars to achive 6" of lift? I know they have a 6" kit for the new Silverados but I when I go to their site, all I can find is a 4-6" kit for the 94-98 K1500. When I wanted a 6" kit on my truck two years ago, I called them and they said in the kit gave 4" of lift and I would need to crank up the torsion bars to get a full 6".

Harmsie
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 01:49 PM

My current truck is the 90 1ton 454/400 14boltFF. But my last truck was the 91 3/4 ton.
Actually to get a 4" out of the Superlift you have to relax the torsion bars[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] this would give you a very mushy ride.
If you leave them at the stock setting you get 6" and your normal ride. If you crank them up, you can get 7" or more.
On my truck I had already cranked up my torsion's a little (about 1") before the lift, but when I added the lift, I gained 6" more, so I netted about 7" myself. I kinda like a little firmer than stock ride.
Dotsonbrent, how many did you get?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 08:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been on vacation, Jamaica Baby!!, so I am catching up here. I have the superlift and I have tons of pics if you want to see them. Go to my site and check out the March Trip, June Trip and John's Page links for pics of my truck with the lift. I have no driveway shots on my page, only trail pics for your viewing pleasure. I have only had a few problems, one is make sure you get a steering stablizer, it's a tight fit but superlift sells em and it makes a noticeable difference on the highway. The only other thing is just getting the right tire pressure and tension on the torsion bars for a good ride. With my lift I would go up and down a 1/2 inch or so and played with the pressures until I got a good ride. Check it out.

http://www.topcities.com/sports/lziffle73
'96 CHEVY 3/4ton, 5.7, 7" Superlift, 4.10's
<font color=green>Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER</font color=green>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 10:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got 9" total. 6 superlift and 3 body. I've got Rancho bars as well. to get 6" you need to crank the bars up and it rides pretty aweful on the road with Rancho bars cranked up. I don't know the ride with stock torsion bars, as I never had them with the lift. I can honestly say that I drive the Superlift at like 5 inches or so (the bottom) because I do a lot of freeway driving. It's true ride height is around 7" in front and 8 in rear and runs 35's with slight rubbing on compression in the front. In true inches, I wouldn't think of running 35's without a true 6 inches (at least) of lift if you don't want bumper or cosmetic trimming of plastic.

I'd go with Pro Comp or Dick Cepick if you could still get one. Supposedly they ride at 6" with the torsion bars left stock so you get the stock ride.
Good luck.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got 9" total. 6 superlift and 3 body. I've got Rancho bars as well. to get 6" you need to crank the bars up and it rides pretty aweful on the road with Rancho bars cranked up. I don't know the ride with stock torsion bars, as I never had them with the lift. I can honestly say that I drive the Superlift at like 5 inches or so (the bottom) because I do a lot of freeway driving. It's true ride height is around 7" in front and 8 in rear and runs 35's with slight rubbing on compression in the front. In true inches, I wouldn't think of running 35's without a true 6 inches (at least) of lift if you don't want bumper or cosmetic trimming of plastic.

I'd go with Pro Comp or Dick Cepick if you could still get one. Supposedly they ride at 6" with the torsion bars left stock so you get the stock ride.
Good luck.

I gotta tell you that I've busted various things on my Superlift without very much off roading. I don't know if that was because it's a few years old or what, but they do have a good warranty when you need it.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 10:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just picked up my '99 2 dr. Tahoe after having a 6" SuperLift added and 35x12.5x15 MT Baja Claw radials installed on Centerline Hellcat chromes 15x10. Needless to say, I am quite pleased. I did have to trim the plastic black valance under the front bumper a bit, but it looks fine. I can email you some pix as soon as I get some decent weather in CT.
Carl ([email protected])

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode