Shocks, Brands - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 09:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shocks, Brands

I have done a search in the archives and found that the general consensus is Rancho and Blistien. What about some of the Explorer Pro Comp line and some of the others? I have a '87 Chevy short box with the factory duals in the front that needs a new set.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 11:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Shocks, Brands

Go with a set of Fox 2.0 race shocks.. Talk about smooth ride.. They are awsome... BUT the cost me $125 EACH [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] USED!!!! I thingk about $180 new..

BTW this is on my S-10..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will specify a bit more. I was reffering to shocks that were in a comparable range as the the RS5000's....under $50 a piece.

Thanks for your reply!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 12:30 PM

An important thing you need to know is that, shocks for dual shock applications are NOT regular shocks.
If you put dual regular shocks on there, it will be a VERY rough ride !!!
Rancho's are very good shocks, not too terribly expen$ive, and for the price they are hard to beat, plus they have a lifetime guarantee!
An inexpensive Good setup would be, to use a single RS5000 rancho or a single RSX.
A more expensive Very Good set-up would be dual RS9000's set them both at about 2, or maybe one at 1 the other at 2, you would want to experiment with them until you got the on-road feel you want, and when you do go offroad you could adjust them on up to whatever firmness you like[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].
Two RS9000's set at 5 would be the equivalent of solid steel blocks[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode