bad news... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 12:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

bad news...

Y'all rember my new rig. I went in last week to have the title changed over to me. When I got there and filled out some paper work and went to the desk they ran truck in the computer, it was reported stolen 2 yrs ago. Plates were wrong too. Then when I went back to the guy he jumped town. The police told me to hold on to it but not to drive it. They said if the insurance sompany says they wrote it off then it's mine and that i'd have to pay some wierd title fees to get a new title issued[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. So now I am stuck with a truck that I can't drive. If I ever find the guy he won't be around for long[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Well that's about it.

Yehaw!

Rossco<-A true GMC man
1988 GMC s15 Jimmy 4x4 4.3ltr Mudder wanna be! "Beef"
1985 GMC Jimmy 4x4 5.7ltr, soon to be mudder! "Bull"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 01:10 AM

Re: bad news...

well that's crappy. there's gotta be prints and stuff on the truck from the guy, right? how long do you have to sit on the truck until you can drive it? the cops just recently recovered my dad's '94 chevy 4x4 that was stolen from his office parking lot. only the cab, bed, suspension, axles, drivetrain, frame, and motor were left. if you ask me....the chop shop ring left behind the best parts!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] bunch of retards...they deserve to get caught for that. its not like they didn't have time to snag that stuff. they had the truck for seven months.

Shorts
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 08:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The prints are really smudged, most of them are mine now. They have some of his prints but if they can't him they can't do anything. I have to sit on it untill I get word they said it should be by Friday.

Yehaw!

Rossco<-A true GMC man
1988 GMC s15 Jimmy 4x4 4.3ltr Mudder wanna be! "Beef"
1985 GMC Jimmy 4x4 5.7ltr, soon to be mudder! "Bull"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Man, that bites. I recently found a web site that lets you put in a VIN number and then it runs a history on that vehicle. It points out title problems (salvaged, lemon, stolen, etc) and other things that may be wrong with the vehicle. A friend of mine was looking at a car and he ran the VIN through it and found it to be a lemon that was returned to Ford and then ended up at some auto auction. It costs $20 for two months of unlimited use, but I think that is well worth the money. Here is the link:

http://www.carfax.com

Harmsie
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 11:00 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Man, that really blows. Hopefully after 2 years, it'll be a write-off & the insurance company will have closed the case. Guess the dude's already cashed your check, right? Cops could freeze his bank account though [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] if he deposited it. Alert your bank or loan officer.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 12:24 PM

That really sucks. I use Carfax once on my K5. This was after I bought it. It wasn't in any floods or wrecks or anything like that but its had like 5 owners. Oh well she still runs good so I'm not complaining

90K5
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is there any other websites where you can find out that information for free???

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<font color=blue>"Your driveway doesn't counts as Off-Road"</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 02:02 PM

Did the VIN # on the title match the VIN # on the truck?
Did the titles license plate #, match the trucks license plate # ?
Or is the whole title a forgery?

Very sorry to hear about it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Just trying to figure out if there was any way to have avoided it, so that the rest of us may avoid the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode