Shakers for trucks? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Shakers for trucks?

Some of the 4 runners do come with a non functional scoop, butttttttttttttttttt it is an option to get a factory super charger on the 3.4 under that thing, im not sure if the charger acually uses the scoop or not, but for a little 3.4 those things have some nutz with it. My buddies will outrun my brothers 00 Camaro V6(I think its a 3.8, but its quick to), off the the line and up to about 75.

By the way anyone know where we can get a super charger for the maro? For a 6 its got nutz to, but getting out run by a souped up Neon with a pissed off bumble bee exhaust sucks.

JAG
Las Vegas NV

<font color=red> 90 X-Cab Toyota V6 5Speed, 4 inch procomp, 3 inch DC, 35x 12.50 BFG Baja's.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=red> 87 K5 Blazer Silverado Bone stock. The womans ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 02:43 AM

OK, I just had to call you on something, JAG. You say the V6 Camaro has "nutz", but it gets beat by a souped up Neon? I think that saying a fast car got beat by a souped up Neon is a bit of an oxymoron. Here's the best fix for your freind - sell the V6 Camaro, and buy a Z28. He'll save money and be faster than with a blown V6. I had a '95 Z28 for 4 years, but I sold it last year. Damn that was a fun car! Alas, it got me into too much trouble (mostly with my girlfriend, there were permanant marks in the grab handles from her nails digging into them[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]).

<font color=green>Evan</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>- Contagious Off-Road -</font color=red>

post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 06:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It does have nutz compared to his old 93 V6, something in the different design and slightly bigger motor makes it tremendously faster then the old one. And obviously it getting spanked by a Neon shows the Neon wasnt exactly stock. But it still sucks. The only way ide say it didnt suck is if the Neon had an 871equipped Blown Bigblock riding shotgun and sticking half out the roof of that pile of SH!T, because then it wouldnt seem so amazing that he got beat. I agree on getting rid of it if your looking for a powerhouse racecar (Why would someone build a neon to run 13s, when they could throw together an old Chevelle with a big block and run mid 11s for 1/2 the money or less) but he just wants more punch out of the Maro 6, to him its a sharp looking car, with decent insurance rates, fairly economical on gas and with a Z28 he'd probably be in jail every other weekend.

As far as saving money on getting rid of the 6, have you seen the rate at which value on these cars drop? He got lucky and sold the old one for $9,500 and it was loaded with about 23,000 on it,I could drive around all day and buy them off corners and used lots for about $6,000 in fair condition in thet year range. If he sold it for what they go for used around here he'd still owe 5-6 grand on the thing and its only about 6 months old and at maybe 1800 miles.
Im trying to get a price on the super charger, but I think the one for the 3.1 on the old car was like 2300 installed. Which is a pretty fair price for such a dramatic increase in the output of the 6 (your right its still no z28) but it would definately move out pretty good.

JAG
Las Vegas NV

<font color=red> 90 X-Cab Toyota V6 5Speed, 4 inch procomp, 3 inch DC, 35x 12.50 BFG Baja's.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=red> 87 K5 Blazer Silverado Bone stock. The womans ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode