i dont know - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i dont know

hmmmmmmmmmm i dunno. the truck right now is lookin said. dropped the 3rd member out of it because it needs regeard 456s well that still leavs me unmatched with the rear. rear is 342.

i might be about to make compromise sdave some cash and get my solid axle build done. im only a few steps away from havn soldid axle under her.

ive got an 8 lug 14 bolt geard with 410s sitn under the rear of the other truck and the maching 8 lug hp d44 anchored with oru brackets and custom XXXX"s of lift tuff country springs. the rear is still un lifted.

things i need to finish the front. steering shock brackets welded to the frame. ive got shocks that are suposed to go with a 12" lift. im running half that much or not even that.. shock mounts i designed and built exstend quite aways into the engine compartment.

thats about all id need. finish the steering, build brake lines and get rear springs and a brake line along with a crossmember placed directly over the axle so i position the shocks on top of the axle. mainly to clean up the under side of the axle tubes and hopefully provide alittle more travel.

this is the current plan, right now what im doing is doing away with everything i dont need. dropped the 3rd member and put my axle stubes in so its drivable. got rid of the sway bar. swapped the other trucks rotors on. these were warped to beat the band.

im going to use the other truck as moc up frame. still going to leave the front axle under it for now. planning to come tuesday night have the cash to order knuckles, steering arms, drag link and all necesarry ends. ive got the cash to go with full high steer like i wanted so myswell get good knuckles that dont have the tie rod arms on them.

anyways enough or my rambleing

later

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode