this is killing our trucks. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

this is killing our trucks.

look at this kit. cost is 135. very very inexspensive. buy this kit and you can count on spending 135 every few months to keep the front end semilivable.

2" blocks in the rear. that means the front end is getting cranked from 3-4"s depending on stock ride height.

just replaceing the cv shafts one time more than makes this kit a complete worthless use of time and money. by the time you buy cv shafts, idler arm(arms) pitman arm, ball joints, tire rod ends, shop wages, 135 for the crank kit.

yafter all that youve dang near got a 6" kit payed for or youve already spent more than a good 6" kit would cost. this kinda ll depends on how sloppy youl allow the truck to be.

pavement trucks arent quite as bad. theyl get away with just idler and pitman arm replacements for year or so, then a few months after that all the balljoints will be shot. then after that the rod ends. then its time to replace shocks and bushings since you hbave it all apart.

to me they are just junk. i guess this is just my opion and is just noise in the breeze.

honetly. i do belive the t-bar keys that come in these trucks will give you all the cranking that youd ever need or want. its very easy and sometimes hard to keep from lifting them because theyre so dang easy.

heres the link i almost forgot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-CHEVRO...1QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode