OT - my "new" gun - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

OT - my \"new\" gun

Hey dudes, I'm most the way finished building my Frankenstein gun. It is a Colt Officer's lower and Essex Commander slide, and get this, in 9mm. Any fool can do it in .45 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] So I essential have a 9mm CCO - fabulous.

All my progress is HERE. I still need to test fire, tune the springs, hammer and sear, install the sights and refinish.

You see why I don't mess with my truck anymore? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Last edited by Shorts; 03-08-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT - my \"new\" gun

that is kewl

i love it. howve you been doing.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've been doing alright. Things around here have been quiet. I go out with the girls since Tim's gone. So, I try to get in and out, both me and Chester. We need the exercise [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

How about yourself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 11:54 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Sweet, I love my commander

Hope everything is going well up there.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Aren't they great?? I've been wanting one in .45 for a while, but I couldn't find the right one without being scalped. So I decided I'd build one. When I did the pricing, it was dumb to pay more to build it than to go buy a brand new one. .45s are so abundant that you can't build for cheaper than you can buy. I fiddled with 9mm...for all the pros of 9mm over .45 (cheaper to shoot, lower recoil, cheaper to shoot). After I priced out a 9mm Commander build versus what I could buy it for, I was in the green and COULD actually build for cheaper. So I went ahead. Then I ran into an Officer's lower for cheap and couldn't pass it up.

How's life back in SA? I want to take a trip home. I miss the food and entertainment. I see there's a hurricane making it's way toward the Gulf.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

livn on the east coast for 4 months i can honestly i say i dont miss the food all that much, actualy not at all. thats after eatn at fancy restraunts and hotels maybe i didnt get the everyday kinda stuff. im just steak and s eggs kinda guy and thatl work for breakest and dinner.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Well food in San Antonio is certainly not the same as food anywhere else [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I tried "mexican" food in San Diego where supposedly it was INCREDIBLE. People there have such low standards for their food [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I too miss taquitos for breakfast, hot cup of coffee, greasy tortilla....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Keyboard Implanted

now that does sound good.

me ill orderd a burger in a high class sea food restraunt any day. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. livn on the roanoke island was crazy, it was sea food this caption that with all kinds of buildings floating over the surf or whatever you call. one lousey place to build restraunts and stuff.

guess they found that out after we left. hurrican wipped it all out bet i couldnt recognize the place anymore.

i do like it in texas. somehow texas has alittle style that goes along with me in some way.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 11:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heck yeah, steak and eggs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] DOES go down for dinner and breakfast. Sometimes I think gravy should be a food group.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 03:27 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

SA is still the same. Things are going ok I reckon. My father passed away at the end of June, so things could be better, but over all, they're ok. I have not been on the ol puter too much since he died.. I've been dealing with everything I need to do. I still have not gotten all of the tools & equipment put away, but working on it. My poor little shed is crammed with stuff. I'm finally about done with everything.. finally, just a few loose ends to tie up. He lived alone since my mom passed away, and so I also had to go through everything in the house etc.. it's just a big pain dealing with it all.. but what can you do. I miss him a lot already, and feel like I've been too busy to just simply mourn his passing. Maybe it's a bit of a blessing.. otherwise I'd be moping around.

I was actually planning on going down to Corpus this week, but with the storm coming I guess that will get axed. I guess it depends on what day it actually hits land... and where.. then maybe a couple of days after that I could go down. We'll see, but I'm sure I'll have to plan it for another time. We usually go to the coast for a couple of nights every summer.. and here and there when we get the urge.

I have to agree that Texas has some pretty good food.. but it helps to know where to go.. and more important, to be born here and know what to make. I've never been too impressed with any eating places, although some are pretty good. My mom was an awsome cook, and my wife is too.. so I eat good.. even if I don't show it pound-wise. I like some pretty simple things myself.. a good bean & cheese taco is hard to ignore.. as well as (and I have to brag) my fajitas. I also make a mean batch of spanish rice, and the family agrees, so I'm safe saying so.. LOL. I'm not saying anymore.. I'm getting hungry. Ha ha.

Well, I'll give ol CC a big Howdy for ya when I do get down that way.

BTW, what does a Colt .45 Auto go for anyway? I think I paid 425 or so for my commander (new) back in 94.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode