Safe/Cheap Lift for new 2005 Silverado 4x4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Kenny782

Safe/Cheap Lift for new 2005 Silverado 4x4

Okay just got a new silverado 4x4
I want to be able to run some 33's

I've already a few posts about these cam kits so that's out.

So my question is what is a safe way to lift my truck 3 or 4" (eg., without hurting it!)

Hopefully a cheap way I have enough to do with the payments lol [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 10:17 AM

Re: Safe/Cheap Lift for new 2005 Silverado 4x4

1500? 2500? 3500?

Body lift or suspension?

Need some more info....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Kenny782

Oh yeah duh lol sorry [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1500 (not HD)

Probably suspension.
I mean I guess a 3" body lift would work right? But most people seem to be against body lifts.

I figure I'm going to 90% on road. This is actually my first 4 wheel drive so I want to do a little off roading but nothing crazy.

What would you guys think?

Thanks,

Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Kenny782

Oh and I have recovery hooks. That seems to be an issue with some body lift kist from what I've read.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Kenny782

Oh and is it possible to use 33" tires on my stock wheels? They're actually pretty nice.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 03:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.tuffcountry.com/suspension_gm_SILVERADO.html With this one it recommends a 33" tire, but those fit stock, so 35's would look good. That kit also requires new wheels. Here's one place that sells it: http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...con/14955.html I'm not sure if that's a good price for it though.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Kenny782

I was actually looking at that early.

So I guess with a body lift I could keep my rims? What are the disadvantages of a body lift?

are the new shocks required I see they appear to be optional.

And one more [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] After installing this kit could I run my stock tires/rims for a while before buying the replacements?

Sorry for all the questions I just want to find the best way to do this without scratching my shiny new truck and I don't know enough about this tp make a decision.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Kenny782

I checked the exact tire size on my truck. They're already just under 32 anyway, they looked smaller oh well guess I can't judge dimensions too well [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So then I guess it all come down to what is my best option if I just want to lift it a little and keep my tires & wheels for now.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 06:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know rancho makes a 4" kit for your truck, I couldn't find as much info on it, maybe you can keep stock wheels with it.

As for a body lift...I don't know, personally I think the ones beyond 1" look like ass. It makes even more of the frame show, it raises the bed up off the frame making it almost useless (unless you fab up some interesting bed supports), not to mention having to relocate the bumpers. I think there's more to it than that...fan shroud, steering shaft, shift linkage...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Kenny782

hmmmm now I understand the price on them that's for sure lol

I'll email Rancho see what they have to say, thanks for all the help so far I appreciate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm gonna miss my old truck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Put a 5" lift on it and some very nice looking 33" mud tires & rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode