4.10's or 4.56's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

4.10\'s or 4.56\'s

Well i finally found out that my truck has 3.42 gears in it, so i have decided to upgrade since it is parked in the shop anyways. I am trying to decide if i want to go with 4.10's or 4.56 gears. I have 35" tires and the truck is an automatic with a 350. I don't ever plan to go with bigger tires. I think i will upgrade the rear to a 14-bolt sf, but can't decide which gears to get. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions on where to pick up a 14-bolt sf 6-lug with this gear setup already installed and ready to go, or will i have to get the 14-bolt then switch the gears. The front end is already torn apart and ready for a swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 4.10\'s or 4.56\'s

456 gears are the only way to go with auto trans.

4.10s would work with the manual but 456 would work better in the 5 speet trans
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Thats kinda the way I was leaning towards, just wanted to hear it from some others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 04:42 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

4.10 is just barely enough gear for those tires. 4.56 will make your engine & tranny like you more.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys. Just want i was wanting to hear. I think i will start looking for 14-bolt sf for the rear now. I have the front diff all torn apart, its not nearly as scary opening it up as some have made it sound to be. The poor truck is pretty sad looking right now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 06:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sad or not, it's a project. Lets see some pics [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

I'll try to get some pictures the next few days. I have all my lift kit torn apart and plan to strip the junkie powercoat finish that procomp put on their kits, and repaint the brackets with por-15. I am going to completely rebuild the front axle, and replace all the ball-joints, tie rods, rebuild steering gearbox ect. After i get that done and put back together we are on to dropping the tranny and t-case. I will rebuild the case and get a new TCI tranny from summit. Will also put a 14-bolt under the rear with gears to match the fronts. I would like to put a SFA under the blazer but that would just kill the fundings right now, and besides it doesn't see that much hard off-road use anymore. Too busy with work and other things. So many little projects to do with this truck, after i get done it should be like new! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 09:43 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

POR 15 is awesome. My only complaint is that is gets chalky after a few days. Someone told me that POR makes a topcoat so it won't fade, but I don't know where to find it. I would suggest it if you want your parts to stay shiny.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Ya i saw some of their topcoat on there website. I guess por-15 is senitive to UV which may cause it to get chalky ?? All my stuff will be under the truck so I am not to worried about it, it will be covered with mud and dirt after a while anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. There is another product called Rust Bullet, but it only comes in gray. It says it is not senitive to UV rays, and needs no topcoat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode