Torsion Bar Tweak lift on 1995 Blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 06:58 PM
kayaker492

Torsion Bar Tweak lift on 1995 Blazer

Hey All,
I was wondering if anyone knows how far I can lift a 95 chevy blazer by simply cranking up the tension on the torsion bar without screwing up the CV joints or other important components. I have some 31's layin around I want to fit in the wheel wells for cheap. Please reply to this post if you have any information on this. Thanks.
-Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 12:36 AM

Re: Torsion Bar Tweak lift on 1995 Blazer

How about free. If its a fullsize blazer 4x4, stock tires are 31s....265s...uhhm, 31.6 to be exact. So, just put them on.

If it is a S10 blazer...mmm, put them on anyway and see how much room you need. An inch is fine. you go overthan and start farting around trying to get 2"+, well, its your money.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 12:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you've got a few minutes just go through about the past 2 weeks worth of posts. It shouldn't take long to weed out the info you need. Try the search function as well. T-bars, tire size, wheels, all that is covered on a weekly basis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 11:42 AM

there are other ways to get an inch or two with out spending a whole lot of money and not getting a rough ass ride out of your truck. I'm waiting for a set of new cams for my torsion bars where i can get 2.5 to 3 inches and still use the factory rims with out modifications to the ball joints or anything else. if you plan on wheeling hard this wouldnt be the way to go from my understanding. more like 80 percent on road 20 percent off road. i got a 95 tahoe that im lifting and its got 305's(33's) on it now and only caught the drivers side fender trim when i was doing something i shouldn't have been doing. it should be in on wednesday if interested let me know and i'll let you know how it went and looks. by the way its a TFES lift that I found on Ebay and talked to the guy personally.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 12:28 PM

Cams and Tbars are also hell on wheels (actually joints and the front end). Regardless of what "tbar crank method" you're using, the fact is the geometry and angles of the Aarms vs everything else still changes. The only way to halfway keep factory angles is with a full lift kit which compensates by correcting the mounting and pivot points.

When adding aftermarket tires and wheels, the thing that affects whether it fits a chevy 4x is not the diameter, but the width. So, watch your backspacing on the wheels you use, that is an overlooked detail.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

the most exspensive way to to lift any ifs chevy to 3"s is with those t-bar cams.

why buy those cams that cost whatever they cost, and are in herintly designed to cost you more down the rd. these cams are auto manufactures scam to get our money. the cams are desinged to premiturly wear out all front end suspesension and steering components.

after the cams are installed. it could cost you as much as 500 in parts in about a years time. 1000 in two years. hell they are doubleing theere money every year and even got us to pay for the cams.

if you realy want you can get dang close to 3"s without the use of cambs. so why invest in bad thing, when the initial cost is free.

just get under there with a ratchet and 18mm socket and crank to your hearts content.

i think ive figured this out. most everyone knows or is told that cranking is bad. that turning that little bolt to lift is good. but somehow weve been brain washed into thinking that after putting these cams in that its all the sudden alright to do it.

all the cam does is make it so the bar will twist more. causeing oit to lift more. this does nothing to cure the front end issues ounce cranked.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:19 AM
kayaker492

Thanks to all who replied. This is mostly my on road vehicle, its just looks so damn pansy next to my tacoma on 33's. I was tooling around with it this weekend and I dont think it will take much to get my 31's to fit. I will post how it went when its all said and done with. Thanks again.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 06:00 PM

ok again, what blazer? fullzise or s10?

Did you read the posts? 31S WILL FIT A FULLSIZE 4X4 BLAZER! There is no "take much to get" in installing them. Stock tires are 265 which are 31.6" You can probably fit 285s or 305s depending on your air dam and width of tires. Both of those are 33s.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 08:47 PM

They stopped making (or at least calling it that) the full size Blazer before 95'....must be a little un'.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

31s will fit on a stock geo metro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode