Aftermarket tranny pan - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket tranny pan

I am looking to get a new pan for my truck. 1990 Auto 350, TH700r4 right?

Anyways, I was looking for one of the higher capacity ones, maybe aluminum. Anyone had good luck with something like this? Ebay has a bunch of 17 dollar chrome ones with an additional 2 quart capacity but I want something with a little more quality.
I was looking at http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id...subcat=&pid=39
it looks like it is what I want. Would it be stronger than the stock pan. They don't show how much deeper the pan is. I don't want it to stick down so much that I will be hitting on rocks and stumps. I am kind of used to my offroading style and know what I can run over. I wouldn't want to learn the hard way with a new pan and my less than a year old tranny.
TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Re: Aftermarket tranny pan

I was looking at summit and they had the Summit brand aluminim ones as well and they were cheaper than the B&M ones. Anyone have experience? Opinion?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 11:58 PM

I have always head that cheap pans (Chrome & Aluminum) are easily distorted when you tighten the bolts and prone to leak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 12:02 PM

if your looking for more cooling what about using an after market oil cooler maybe with a fan if your wheeling hard. dont go with chrome it retains heat and always leaks for myself anyway. never had good luck w/chrome products. Summit has good products they're name brand stuff is made by other manufacturers(hope it's spelled right) anyway.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

I have the factory cooler and have been told that it is sufficent for me. I do not tow so I don't have that to worry about that. I had to replace my tranny last summer, it lost 3rd and 4th gear. I am a little easier on the unit now but want to protect it, it was expensive. I want to get the summit Al one. Just wondering if you guys, and girls, have used it or know anything about it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode