I got mugged. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I got mugged.

Well, it finally happend, I got Mugged tonight. In a FLIPPIN WAL-MART Parking lot! Here's how it is, my family owns and operates a Sweeping Company, we've been doing this flippin crap since 1984 or so, along time. But have only been doing it in this area for a year and half. So therefore of course I was elected at a young age of WORKING. Anyhow, we go the Wal-Mart in Dunellon I start blowing the islands and curbs and out from the under the cars ok? So I head up the north side of it, blow out from under the employee cars, start on the sidewalk on that side, well while doing that I noticed a Dark Blue Ford Ranger driving by me, acting as if they were going to pull in the stall I was blowing, they all were looking at me, appeared to be 2 guys in the bed and 3 in the cab. So I shrugged it off as idiotic midnight wal mart shoppers, they circle around out there a couple times, looking at me. I started getting alittle uncomfortable feeling but kept cool, but something told me, a gut instinct something bad was about to happen... I just could feel and taste it. They stop facing the exit two parking stall rows over from me, ODD... Very Odd to park like that, Two of them get out... I continue working and act calm, one of them goes to my left and up behind me the and the other walks straight up to me, basically cornering me... The one gets up in my face YOU GOT ANY MONEY?... I said no, he said "SHOW ME YOUR FU(KING WALLET" my stomach dropped... I shut my blower off, took off my earmuffs off, pulled it out... I said well I do have $10.00... He's all "IS THAT F%CKING IT??" Im all ya, and they start walking away to the truck.. So I start really staring at the truck trying to figure out the model, year, color, make etc... And he turns around and says "WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU LOOKING AT!? YOU WANNA PEICE OF THIS!?" I gave him the finger and said "piss off and f%ck you".. As they drove off one of them leaned over the tailgate to cover the license plate.... I Went and told a wally world employee around the corner i got mugged, she watched where they went while I ran inside and told the store managers... Cops were there in like 3 minutes or less, they even drove up the wrong side of the road to get there and helicopter out looking! So blah blah, make it short, I was relying on the cameras to capture, cause they said it was in the perfect area... AND THE F%CKERS HAD THEM SHUT OFF!!!!!!!! So I'm calling a lawyer tommorow and find out if I can sue there stupid asses, because the officer told me he said "ya were shut off on that side, and the light was blinking and they were ask who the hell shut them off?" So basically someone in there store F'ed up...
I was temped to try and fight them but I knew I was outnumbered and possbily could be killed or injured since I didnt know if they had a weapon... I only carry a 2 1/2 -3" pocket knife... I'm gonna be packing a 9mm or .45 and nice combat blade now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 12:38 PM

Re: I got mugged.

Glad to hear your fine, and that's why I carry all the time. I suggest you get your CCW. I've had mine for almost a year and if little ****s like that feel the need to threaten me, I'll feel the need to fill them with 8 rounds. Take a concealed carry class too. We did about a month ago and we did some great drills, both dry fire and live fire. It was a lot of fun. Training is important, so don't just carry a weapon and think you're safe. Know how to use it. Really know how to use it, don't just *think* you can use it in a SHTF situation just because you're familiar with your gun and you clean it and can shoot bullseye at 10yrds standing on he firing line.

ALWAYS be aware of who's around you. I know you said you saw them and whatnot, but if you even get the idea that something isn't right, be prepared to act accordingly. The biggest thing is MAKE SPACE from the threat. Space gives you time to react.

Anyway, what state are you in? Are you in florida? It should be pretty easy there to get a concealed carry permit. Check out www.packing.org, www.thefiringline.com and www.thehighroad.org. It's a whole new world when you'e carrying a pistol for protection.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 02:41 PM
IchWarrior

Well that sucks. At least you didnt get curb stomped or anything worse.

+1 on the CCW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Signal Tech

I don't know what state you're in, but get a CHL ASAP and learn to use a handgun; don't just buy one and think it'll be O.K. to wave it at a would-be mugger.
As a lifelong resident of Texas, incidents such as you described are rare. I owe it to our "gun" culture here. I carry frequently and don't worry about some punk asking for money.
Several years ago my father was washing his truck late one night in Longview, TX. a guy approached him asking questions. My father thought it a little odd, then out of the corner of his eye, he noticed another guy slipping up behind him. He promptly reached under the front seat of his pick-up and slid out his sawed off side-by-side 12 ga. End of story.
Guys like the ones that robbed you get their confidence from numbers; they're really female organs.
GG
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Can't Get Enough

That really sucks. I'd say you did the right thing by not fighting back, at least you're still alive.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

I'm not 21 till August so I still gotta wait... But we're thinking of buying a 12 gauge to put in the truck... Probably something short like a pistol grip. I also need to get a nice long knife, anyone know whats the maxiumum legal size and location to where u can where it?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Can't Get Enough

Unless you're trained in knife fighting, you're going to get your own throat cut. Not worth it IMO.
I'd probably stick with pepper spray for now. At least then you could blast the guy, then run away.
As for a shotgun, get a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590. They're fairly inexpensive and just about the best on the market for a pump gun. You can find pistol grips easily for them too.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well, that certainly sucks.

When I see someone doing something weird around me I take as many mental notes as possible. Carry a pen with you and write down stuff on your hands, especially when you're alone. In your case, the description of the vehicle and its license plate number. Even if it doesn't help you it might help someone else (one time I wrote down a license plate and it helped a lady get her car back).

In the future, when someone is doing something like that, calmly make an exit strategy and use it. Usually keeping obstacles between you and them works fair enough because criminals are pretty lazy. Parking lots after dark kind of creep me out. I end up walking a little ways away from the vehicles and stuff.

Anyway, rather than investing in guns and stuff... invest in some good two way radios. Criminals never want to get caught and they don't like confrontation. When they want something just tell them, "you know I already told my brother on the other end of the parking lot what your vehicle looked like" and show them the radio. I found out a while ago a dry chemical fire extinguisher works pretty good as a repellant.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Ya we will be gettin some radios... RIght now the problem is, Florida laws are really messed up. In order to carry a knife, pepper spray, tazer anything of that nature you have to get a Concealed Weapons Permit... A Pocketknife is questionable, if the cop wants to be a ass you can be charged for having a pocket knife without a permit... Thats total BS... I've carried a Pockknife since I was 8 snd I'm not about to quit.
In my 97 chevy (the fun, pleasure not work truck lol)... I keep pepper spray in my center console.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Keyboard Implanted

you got mugged or threatend, im confused.

sounds to mer like nothing happend.

bad thing happen with weapons envolved on either side. you do not need ccw permit to have pisdtol in the blower or truck or what not. actualy in my opion concealed starts more problems.

i dont know what monica packs. but im glad she does. shes an exsception to the rule. most everyone else packs to be cool and end up getting in trouoble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode