Tire fitment and lift options for 94 ext cab1/2ton - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
cg90

Tire fitment and lift options for 94 ext cab1/2ton

I'm trying to figure out how I want to lift my 94 ext cab silverado. I have a set of 38x15.50 SSR swampers from my old blazer and I'd like to put these on my silverado. I'm concerned about steering problems and ride quality. What type of lift should I use to achieve this, or is it even realistic? I was thinking a 6" susp and 3" body. Will this fit this size tire? I've also seen a 10" kit from whiplash suspensions. Has anyone had any experience with these kits and how strong they are and how they ride? Also, how easy is it to install a body lift on my truck? Thanks for any help you can give me. Thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tire fitment and lift options for 94 ext cab1/2ton

38s on GM IFS makes baby jesus cry[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Seriously though, that much tire on a half ton front end is asking for constant repairs down the road. That much mass puts too much strain on ball joints, tre's, and everything else. If the tires are still in good shape, do yourself a favor and consider selling them and picking up a set of 35"-36" tires, then worry about a lift. That's just IMHO.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 04:22 PM
cg90

I mostly do a lot of street driving and not much wheeling. So I don't put as much strain on components as some. What about 37"s? I saw a set of the new Toyo M/T's. 37 X 13.50 I believe with a larger rim, 18" or so. Is that still pushing it? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

id run 37s and keep the front end as flat as possible. like running 4" lift and 2" body or so. or run 6" kit between 4and 5"s. on street truck you should be fine.

im playing with an 89 1/2ton. i may end up with 4"s of total liftand 37s that would be ideal. but i like to keep my lift height as low as possible and im willing to trim as necassary to achieve that. most people dont like cutting bumpers and trimming fenders to get tires to fit. i like this option best over taller lift hieghts.

last night i tossed on set of 35x12.5s on my stock 89. no lift other than 1" t-bar level. and trimmed quite alot of bumper and a considerable amount of fender to get em under with room to move. the bumper is noticable. but the fender trimming isnt. to me it still looks good.

also keep in mind that with 13.5 or wider tires your going to want to run 10" wide wheels. this wide of wheel will suck up alot of clearnace for the tire. width in most cases is what normaly causes tires to rub, my wheels are 16x8s with 3.5" backspaceing. i wouldnt mind running 7" wide with a 4.5" spaceing to keep the tire swing inside the fender wells alittle more.

i also think the width is more of what wears out front ends. wide wheels with and wide tires put alot of leverage on the front end.

good luck

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode