errrrr gota get up early tomorrow, today????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

errrrr gota get up early tomorrow, today?????

got 8 lug 14 with my name on it at the salvage yard in a 90s truck. gona go torch it out of the truck then yank the 6 lug semi floater out of my 89 and toss the 8 lug axle under it. then get some 16x8 8 lug rock crawler from the tire shop and have my 35s mounted on them.

yeah ive had few tonight. tommorrows going to be busy. errrr.

you wont belive this. traded two d60 8 lug axles for the 8 lug 14 bolt and no cash involved. the 8 lug axles sale usualy for less than 100 bucks. one that i have has bent spindle and the other is good and complete.

i had planned to put the good dana 60 in my truck and have the other for parts but that would involve moving pring perches and welding and just more work.

instead i got this kickn deal on better axle that is a straight bolt in with a ujoint. cant beat that. im outa here. onlything is i have to pull the axle myself grrrrr.

if i get the axle yanked and loaded in decent amount og time im also going to steal the seats and anything else i can get out with for free. like the raditor. ummmm 2 8 lug wheels for spars, hood. maybe the grill.

the hood on the 89 took on fencepost and is flat with a big crease. id like to get the tranny to but im sure hell notice that missing. its the nv3500. but well see what happens.

got my 18volt battiers for the dewalt impact charged up and ready and my alarm on my phone set for 7. hopn to beat the owner to the shop. dump the dana 60s and start torchn out the 14bolt

in all honesty i wana dump the axles before he shes because i sold one of the 14 bolts and am brining back the good one. if i get the axle in the axle pile hell never know the difrence. hmmmmmm

yeah i can tell ive had a few because of the way im thinking. maybe ill just come load the hole truck up on dads flat bed before he gets there and take off.

anyone want any 8 lug front end parts [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Re: errrrr gota get up early tomorrow, today?????

All that axle trading going on, how about you find me one to stick under my truck that doesn't drive wierd. Mine's killin me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 03:01 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

And I hoped it was because you were going to start working for the BLM as a FF.

Still trying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

nope i pretty much said f the blm, ive been given the run around while they hire people that arent fit for the job. i actualy was asked about a job for this comeing year and i told them to f off. you lost your chance and one of the good ones.

the goverment is horse **** anyways, why would anyone want to be tied to them in any way shape or form anyways.

though the best fire school i know of is in sanantonio(sp?) i know i know hot to spell that but it doesnt look right..

ive had a few job opurtunities welding in the houston area, but ive been turning them down. but i may just go when it comes up again. im ready and willing. workin theyre may just get me closer to th fire dream i have every night.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

monica

what axle do you want.

ill try and grab anything with the right gear ratio, or any axle you want.

i think your truck has 410s right noe doesnt it or 373s.

either way well find something and ill pack it up there

Evan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i must of been feeling no pain,

im off to swap the 14 into the 89
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 06:09 PM

I'm pretty sure SAFD is taking apps right now. If you live more than a 100 miles away, you're allowed to do it all by mail.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

yeah i think so to, ive looked into doing it but i must be scared or something.

got question for you. i fill my water truck up out of the fire hidrate. the trucks coverd with months worth of mud and i was thinkn about useing the fire hydrant to blast it off.

its a 2.5" fire hose that im useing. i havent tired it yet because im usualy alone. what im wondering is if i cant hold the hose and turn the hydrant on without getn kill, thinkn about standing on it while i crank it open.

i do know this hydrant is touchy. it goes from off to pushn alot of water like nothing.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 03:07 AM

Yeah, you should be able to handle the pressure just fine. Without a nozzle, the stream won't be fantastic, but it will do the job ... and move plenty of water.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i dunno ive been watchn fire hose wip as the water turns on and its tied to the truck. ive kinda lost my nerve to try this by myself. i need some one to turnb it on for me.

thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode