Jason - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Jason

Can you tell me what your 4 link's specs are so I can plug them in to Dan and Greg's calculator?

I like how you have like zero rear steer and that's what I'm trying to accomplish. At least I don't want to have oversteer when turning. However, I've got to deal with the fact that at the frame end my links have to be higher (frame is 25" off the ground) than I like.

I don't have a lot of options for link locations (without hanging in the way) so I end up with like -7 roll axis angle at 7" of compression and 10 at 12" of droop. I picked those numbers because that's what travel I get with leaf springs.

I can only go 50" forward of the axle centerline and I can only go 4" rearward of the axle centerline. The bottom of the frame is 25" from the ground (wish it was 24" or less but that'd leave me no up travel in the front unless I went coilover and full hydro). Maximum width in the front is 35" and maximum width on the axle is 51". I have 12" of available height up front. Height on the axle I'm only limited by the moment arm of the bridge on the tube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:28 PM

Re: Jason

It's slightly different than that now because I utilized some of my extra adjustment holes to fine tune it so some of those dimensions might be off by 1-2" each. The lowers are now about 3" forward of the axle centerline and about 1" below the axle centerline for the axle end.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Jason

OK, I'll see if I can better duplicate yours now. How far forward of the axle are your links tied in to the frame and how long are your links?

This is what I've got so far:
http://fugly.wrath.com/4BarLinkV3.0c_051405.xls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode